Sign in with
Your question
Solved

AMD overclocking

Last response: in Overclocking
June 9, 2012 9:20:40 PM

I hooked up Comcast which I use for internet cable and home phone. I own a Dell computer which contains an AMD Quad core processor, and seems now to be overheating the processor and am looking for advice on how to underclock. without replacing the entire computer I am trying to calm it down with this new windows 7 I have loaded on. I also ave the windows 2008 advanced server I can instal in plave of windows 7 and am wondering if thus would actually be a more stable operating system for the computer?

More about : amd overclocking

Best solution

a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
June 9, 2012 9:27:21 PM

Well, first off, which quad core AMD CPU is it and what are the temps? Second, Windows 7 is just fine for stability and certainly wouldn't lower temps any.

Also, why bring up hooking up the internet? That would have nothing to do with overheating.

My guess is that if it IS overheating, it's dust and/or heatsink related.
June 9, 2012 9:32:30 PM

Best answer selected by Wendy6453.
m
l
Related resources
June 9, 2012 9:42:36 PM

Thenk you for the info. You told me what I already knew. the fan is not even making noise anymore Nd it is dirty in there so i knew I need to replace it and easy fix I am sure but you know how we are, I always ten to overthink everything when it is actually an easy fix. Once again, thank you
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
June 9, 2012 9:47:44 PM

No problem. :) 
m
l
June 9, 2012 10:17:14 PM

oh yeah by the way it is an AMD Athlon quad core processor. and when I look to replace it they send me to an Allenware website. What is up with that?
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
June 9, 2012 10:19:10 PM

Wendy6453 said:
oh yeah by the way it is an AMD Athlon quad core processor. and when I look to replace it they send me to an Allenware website. What is up with that?

Not sure on that one, honestly. Dell owns Alienware, so that at least makes SOME sense, but I don't know past that.
m
l
!