mohsentux

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
well since dirt 2 was out i got exited because of it DX11 support.but now that I'm seeing it's screenshots i don't see such a difference.is dx11 a fake and doesn't have such a difference with dx9.
take a look

sayantan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Dx11 isnt fake but I feel the game doesn't utilizes dx11 fully...we might see the utmost capabilities of dx11 in future games like crysis2 etc

till now dx11 gives slight sharper images than dx9.Also the tessellated water doesn't looks that great....The only noticeable difference is the BREMBO flag ..

mohsentux

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
allright i have a 5750.it's gigabyte and 128 bit and 1 gb.and it's a very good graphic card.in call of duty 4 and dirt 2 i set options on high and there's a good performance and fps.
dirt 2 with dx11 is kinda sharper and with better image quality . and it has a better detail of road you see rocks if you perceive and water is better but it's not so good it's just better than dx9.
well 50 bocks seys there isn't much of a difference between DX 10.1 and 11 just some improvements.I guess that's why they didn't you 10.1 and used 9 in the game.

but I'll wait for crysis 2

^^ Un...what were you expecting? Rasterized graphics are basically as good as we are getting them. At this point, implementation of an API is far more important then what the API is capable of. Tesselation aside, nothing on the graphical side (not starting a Multithreading debate again...) will be a significant improvement, and already Tesselation is showing a major hit (DX11 mode on Dirt2 was benched between 10-15% slower compared to DX9).

How the API is used is whats important. A good DX9 implementation will be faster and look better then a crappy DX11 implementation.