SIMS3 Installation problem

Help! Just bought SIMS2 on EBAY (used). I can not get past the third (of
four) installation disk. The disk does not appear scratched. I htought it
might have been a corrupted file, so I borrowed a friends disk3, same
problem. I tried to load her complete set on my PC, same problem. I have
ample memory on my new Dell. It stops at the samepoint 71% complete at the
same file. Is this a security device preventing multiple loads of the game?
It is in the original box with the registration code. Thanks.

Frank

kim

"Frank Palladino" <frankpalladino1@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Thanks Kim. Unfortunately, it did not work. I suspect though, that you
are
> pointingme in the right direction. Even when I disabled all thoses files,
> it stopped at exactly the same file. I may need more than the 256MB
thatmy
> PC is configured with. I will try adding 256M of RAM. Thanks again!

Good luck, Frank. I wish I had more advice.

Kim