billydomaks

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Just had my computer set up and working perfectly with Windows 7 x64.
I have the
GA-MA770T-UD3P
Phenom II 550BE
4GBs DDR3 OCZ Ram
XFX 4770 128bit 512 GDDR5
700 Watt StealXStream OCZ

Then I tried unlocking the cores.
Went into the bios, and to the advanced CPU settings. I enabled Hybrid, and then clicked on ACC. (i think that's what it is called.)
Saved the settings to the CMOS correctly, then it turned off.
And it wouldn't reboot. Not after 7 tries. I unplugged the connections, made sure all power was drained, and tried the next step.
Then I (attempted to) clear the CMOS via carefully removing the battery for a minute (I kept it out for 2) and carefully placed it back in.
Then I tried rebooting.
It still won't display the bios.
I am extremely upset and panicked, this is my first build, and I have literally invested all the money I have saved up into this rig. I just don't understand why it won't post. Please Please Please help me if you read this.
"Help me (Obi Wan Kenobi) Tom's Hardware, you are my only hope..."
:,,,,,(

Thank you,

Billy

EDIT BIOS Version F4

MY QUESTION IS, DO YOU THINK MY MOBO IS DEAD OR MY CPU? I AM AFRAID TO RMA EITHER ONE...BECAUSE THE CPU ONLY HAS A 30 Day warranty...and if it is the problem I have lost 100$

UPDATE. Tried clearing the CMOS again, this time I kept the battery out for 15 minutes to make sure the bios decayed. Still wouldn't boot after I put it in. Also, when I turn on my computer every fan (and device) seems to get power.

billydomaks

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Okay wow. The screw driver shorting worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!