XFX 9600GT.....PSU????

savandes

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
hi....this is the first time i'm requesting forum help regarding my pc.

I have a a XFX 9600gt card and its always given me some issues when it comes to gaming. The picture would often change its colour and go all wrong.

But since recently i think its increased its frequency and i was wondering why. I have a 500W power unit but its not a branded model. Could it be due to my power supply. I've ruled out any heating issues.

( to describe the problem in more detail.....The game would usually start smoothly but later at varying time intervals (from a few secs to 20-30mins) the whole screen would go wrong. The colours will change and the images or characters in the game would look like they are still being constructed!!! If Iswitch back to the desktop for a few secs and return back to the game window everything will look normal again....for a few mins!!! A restart of the pc sometimes corrects it but not cirtain. But somedays i would play the same game for hours without a problem.)

I would really appreciate your help on this regard.....

My pc specs,

Gigabyte motherboard
intel core2duo E6750 2.66GHz
2GB ram
9600GT
300GB HDD
SONY DVD rom

Early advise would be much appreciated.

savandes

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009

thanks shubham....

I haven't tried it but if it does what does that mean??? Would love to know.

savandes

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
PSU temp was really normal. Not hot at all.

GPU on riva tuner showa around 53-55C. I think thats really normal right?

I really don't know if I should buy a PSU before considering a replacement of the card.....Frustrating!!