Andie Z

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Hello,
I am installing a Gigabye MOBO with aa AMD Athlon II X2 240 dual core processor. I'm putting it in a micro case and have space restrictions. Where can I get a good small heatsink and fan? The Thermaltake TR2-R1 I purchased is too big.

Thamks
Andie Z

Andie Z

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I think the stock heat sink may have been too large. I got the Thermaltake TR2-R1 to fit by beating it with a hammer. Not really. It's quite tight. If I can find a suitable good sink, I'll swap it out.

Andie Z

Andie Z

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Hey, I have three mid ATXs sitting here running, and an IBM Micro. I wanted something nice looking that I could use in my living room for a media center. I started to give my laptops away because they are an abomination. Not really. The ThinkPads just aren't fun. I'll keep one for traveling and one for us in the kitchen exclusively for recipes and cooking. I'm 70 years old and haven't really got into computers.

darkjuggalo2000

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
you could go with a liquid cooled block or something i guess but your running a risk in liquid cooling... water+electronics= disaster waiting to happen... but if the stock heat sink is to big im not sure what to recomend because you need heat disapation or you could risk overheating the cpu.