Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Waercooling rad and case

Last response: in Overclocking
June 10, 2012 7:35:21 AM

hi,i am setting up an extreme gaming pc..now i have some questions about the radiators and case...
my rig ==
core i7 3960x extreme oc'd to 4.5 ghz
asus rampage 4 extreme
g.skill 8x8gb black edition ram
xfx radeon 7970 black edition double deception quadfirex,each card oc'd to 1260 ghz core and 1500mhz memory
so i was thinking of using 3 360mm rads and the coolermaster cosmos 2 case..but the case only supports a thin 360mm rad on top and a 240mm rad on bottom....so how many rads should i buy and which case?
will the cosmos 2 do the job?
i was thinking of buying the xspc rx360,,,but cosmos 2 doesnt support em...plz help

thnx in advance
mukit

More about : waercooling rad case

Related resources
a b K Overclocking
June 10, 2012 3:00:01 PM

yes i like that case as well
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 10, 2012 11:52:47 PM

Why not use whichever case you like the look of, and build an external radbox?
I even saw some for sale recently if you don't have the skill/time/knowledge to build one yourself
Moto
m
l
June 11, 2012 7:20:34 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Why not use whichever case you like the look of, and build an external radbox?
I even saw some for sale recently if you don't have the skill/time/knowledge to build one yourself
Moto

skill/time/knowledge?lol,nice one....i know about radiator box's..like the phobya 1080 box..but the problem is i need to keep my case opened if i use a radbox..dont i?
m
l

Best solution

a c 190 K Overclocking
June 11, 2012 5:03:47 PM

Nope, check this out, I have my Pc on top of my Radbox and tubing running between.
totally sealed and almost silent

you design the loop with quick disconnectors where needed to make things easy on yourself so run your tubing out of the main case, then have connectors so you can unplug the box if required
These are the Ebay things I saw though, not my cup of tea but a good start for an external setup,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Watercooling-case-white-/2808...

Moto
June 12, 2012 12:28:14 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Nope, check this out, I have my Pc on top of my Radbox and tubing running between.
totally sealed and almost silent
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/Motopsychojdn/Tomsdiagrams/IMAG0564.jpg
you design the loop with quick disconnectors where needed to make things easy on yourself so run your tubing out of the main case, then have connectors so you can unplug the box if required
These are the Ebay things I saw though, not my cup of tea but a good start for an external setup,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Watercooling-case-white-/2808...

Moto

hmm,,,i'll have to think about that..:/
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 12, 2012 5:10:01 PM

It doesn't have to look like mine, you design it how you wish,
I liked the idea of huge tubes as a visual effect and designed it accordingly, you could just have the tubing going from Pc to the box if the chunky look isn't you hehe
the box can be under the Pc or six feet away out of sight, its all how you want and we design it around your wants/needs, its half the fun of a project to me, overcoming obstacles and getting the result you want to work :) 
Moto
m
l
June 13, 2012 5:49:33 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
It doesn't have to look like mine, you design it how you wish,
I liked the idea of huge tubes as a visual effect and designed it accordingly, you could just have the tubing going from Pc to the box if the chunky look isn't you hehe
the box can be under the Pc or six feet away out of sight, its all how you want and we design it around your wants/needs, its half the fun of a project to me, overcoming obstacles and getting the result you want to work :) 
Moto

thnx for the advice..but am a noob at watercooling..lol....i dont think i will be able to do that kind of setup...right now i have a lot of money so i have decided to buy the caselabs sth10 case...:) 
m
l
June 13, 2012 5:50:08 PM

Best answer selected by mukitbinazad.
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 13, 2012 7:20:06 PM

Hehe, if you have the room for it why not :) 
and Thank you for B.a., shout up if theres anything else we can help with over the build process
Moto
m
l
a c 328 K Overclocking
June 13, 2012 8:11:38 PM

Watercooling isn't difficult once you understand the functionality and components needed.
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
June 14, 2012 2:57:18 AM

rubix_1011 said:
Watercooling isn't difficult once you understand the functionality and components needed.

and have the money needed ;) 
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 14, 2012 5:37:51 AM

Well get a job you slacker!
:-p
Moto
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
June 14, 2012 6:59:48 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Well get a job you slacker!
:-p
Moto

Can't, California states an age of 14 is need for NON agricultural work. So the only "job" i could get is something like on an online website, *hint* *hint* TH technical editor....Y U NO RESPOND BACK TO ME!~!!!! ! ! ! !

As well, I have summer classes to study for high school. Because next year, grades actually count and I need to get into a good college.

Classes from 9AM-6PM monday-thursday, studying Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2/Trig, Biology, PSAT Critical Reading/Vocab/Grammar, Public Speaking, Creative Writing, and Time Management. Yup, busy schedule....... :sad: 
m
l
!