{sata drivers for elitegroup motherboard}

cat71

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
The A770M-a has 4 sata ports. I am using 2, 3 And number 4. User's guide makes no mention of drivers for AHCI, I have ATI v7.1 (1-10-2007) JMICRON Raid driver v1.17.17.00 (4-17-2007). Have been running as IDE since I built the system July 2008. OS is WindowsXP SP3. Need AHCI drivers

Solution
You need the right version of windows 7 to run xp files. The professional or ultimate versions work with old xp files with most newer cpus, except for some celeron and semprons. I suggest you burn a copy of all windows drivers for your motherboard if you don't have the original cd that comes with it. Save them to your documents file and burn them all on one cd. I found the vista drivers on ecs website, but don't know how to post links. Do a general search on ecs website by typing the model number.
Windows 7 may find the sata driver for you; for xp, try checking the chipset driver on the motherboard cd. I tried achi mode, and my ssd died twice. I tested the speed of the drive with HDTUNE, a free benchmarking software. The speed was the same for ide or achi modes. If you can't get it running in achi, I would continue using ide.

cat71

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
I have since learned; SB600 is a AMD product found a raid driver for this chipset on AMD's support site. Also WinXP SP2 has sata drivers. will slipstream. Found several reports that Windows7 does not support sata drives but windowsXP and Vista does, go figure? Windows7 will not allow my OfficeXP to run. Also please note Microsoft stopped support of Vista 04/10/2010. This means if one must reinstall you are in trouble, right?

You need the right version of windows 7 to run xp files. The professional or ultimate versions work with old xp files with most newer cpus, except for some celeron and semprons. I suggest you burn a copy of all windows drivers for your motherboard if you don't have the original cd that comes with it. Save them to your documents file and burn them all on one cd. I found the vista drivers on ecs website, but don't know how to post links. Do a general search on ecs website by typing the model number.

Solution