CPU Problem, solve my problem

Banutu

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Hi, whenever i play a game that utilizes my CPU at 100% after a 9-10 minutes it starts lagging badly for couple of seconds and it will start doing it more often if i continue playing, i played a game couple of months ago it was budokai 3 for PCSX2 0.9.6, 2-3 hours of gameplay and no problem, now after playing it 10 minutes it starts lagging badly and it will lag often if i continue(starcraft 2 does the same) what i'm worried about is that it didn't use to do that in the past...
I scanned PC for viruses, i defragmented, reinstalled windows, format the hard disk even tried unplugging the net cable and try playing it with no background programs, still same, i suspect it could be a CPU overheat but i don't really know i wish i knew what could be the problem so i can fix it, someone please help.

sw33tsp0t

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010

Hi, if you have an AMD type processor you might want to try their CPU optimizer, it optimizes your CPU to work more efficiently. I don't know if Intel has one or if their are any more, I use this for my Dual Core AMD.

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dynamicDetails.aspx?ListID=c5cd2c08-1432-4756-aafa-4d9dc646342f&ItemID=153&lang=us

There could be an issue with overheating, go into your BIOS and check PC Health status and look for CPU temperature right after an intense session of processor utilization , right after reboot and see what the temperature is. if its 70+ Celsius then it could be an overheating issue..

You also could try upgrading your processor, if its an old processor with low frequency that could be a reason why it is lagging your comp. Starcraft 2 is a newer type game, so that may be it..

Ive also heard Antivirus software will cause the computer to lag when doing things, that may be it also.

Besides this im not sure, im kind of new to helping people, so try these things and tell if you are still getting CPU overload.

Banutu

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
20jpd0x.jpg

Update: I unplugged my cable earlier and when i restarted it didn't took 2 minutes for windows to load all programs at startup more like 10 seconds, i watched a replay on startcraft 2 beta of 25 minutes and i had no lag at all o_O

Banutu

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Update: i turned off my PC then i opened and look inside my computer and it was full of dust, i cleaned the dust from the CPU fan and the rest of the fans and i didn't assemble it i let it took some air and guess what, 30 minutes of Budokai no lag xP(starcraft 2) also, so it was a overheat problem i guess, and it think it was one of the core, it was going 47, now doesnt reach 35.

2s6rgia.jpg

what does cool that core ? suggest a good cooler please

TRENDING THREADS