Asus m2n-mx se plus

waynedaniel21

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Hello,
i wonder if someone could give me some advice on an issue i have?
the other day i had an update from asus for my bios, obviously i allowed the download manager to carry on... once the download manager had completed its task it asked me to shut down the system and reboot, so i did...
ever since then i cannot get my machine to boot at all! no screen image no devices such as keyboard, mouse or usb pen are working, i have tried resetting the rtc several times with and wothout the mb battery in, i have pressed in the power button for 60secs and left the battery out all night... any advice from this point on would be enormously appreciated

canadian69

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
You would need to reflash the BIOS, however it seems that you are pooched at this point. Deap BIOS = dead PC. You could possibly take it to some place that can remove the BIOS chip (if it can be removed) and reprogrammed on a CMOS /EPROM writer, or you could contact the manufacturer and ask for a replacement BIOS chip. Sorry mate, doesn't look good. If you could at least get the machine to boot up off a USB stick or something you would stand a chance of reflashing the BIOS.