Your question
Closed

Leaked gtx 360 and gtx 380 benches

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2009 10:25:58 PM

The GTX380 should be a bit slower than the 5970 judging from its specs the 5970 has near 5TeraFlops. Dont forget ATI drivers for the 5970 sucks at the moment(Many games not taking advantage of the crossfire not scaling properly) but why they did not include a Crysis benchmarks which is the selling point of those powerfull cards?
Dual-Fermi will be the TopDog in my opinion,just like the 295 was but the 5970 will probably drop in price. When will we see dual fermi cards?
Only if nVidia would code ATI drivers LOL we would get true 5TeraFlops in games.
Waiting for the tomshwardware review.
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 13, 2009 10:26:22 PM

Well, it is good to see 'leaked' benches, faked or not. At least it means we are one step closer to the real thing. Last month when NVidia was claiming they would get the chip out this year I knew it was false since the good faked benchmarks weren't even out yet. Now they are at least.
December 13, 2009 10:29:42 PM

EXT64 said:
Well, it is good to see 'leaked' benches, faked or not. At least it means we are one step closer to the real thing. Last month when NVidia was claiming they would get the chip out this year I knew it was false since the good faked benchmarks weren't even out yet. Now they are at least.

my thoughts exactly...
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2009 10:49:57 PM

well, i believe it when the cards come out and the real benchmarks are out

also take note of the "take with a BIG grain of salt" at the bottom
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 13, 2009 10:55:16 PM

Yeah, they didn't have much confidence in their forum member (neither do I).
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2009 10:55:43 PM

Now the real question is WHEN? :D  lol
It seems really close to the HD6 series launch lol
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 13, 2009 10:58:46 PM

Yep, I sure hope not that long though.
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2009 11:58:25 PM

well, lets also hope TSMC can get the 40nm process down, or there will be a LARGE shortage of new GPU's (as TSMC would have to supply both)
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 14, 2009 12:04:35 AM

I see 5870's starting to stay in stock, so hopefully we have been through the worst of it. And if this isn't completely ironed out by the time NVidia's card is due, then TSMC really screwed up.
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2009 12:20:07 AM

yeah, i see the 5850's (and 5870's) are staying in stock on newegg

with NV's huge die (again) if TSMC better have this ironed out or expect shortages of both
December 14, 2009 6:49:43 AM

if the HD5*** cards are staying in stock then its safe to assume the worst has passed (hopefully)....
a c 130 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 14, 2009 6:57:41 AM

Quote:
The GTX380 should be a bit slower than the 5970 judging from its specs the 5970 has near 5TeraFlops. Dont forget ATI drivers for the 5970 sucks at the moment(Many games not taking advantage of the crossfire not scaling properly) but why they did not include a Crysis benchmarks which is the selling point of those powerfull cards?
Dual-Fermi will be the TopDog in my opinion,just like the 295 was but the 5970 will probably drop in price. When will we see dual fermi cards?
Only if nVidia would code ATI drivers LOL we would get true 5TeraFlops in games.
Waiting for the tomshwardware review.

How do you work that exactly ? Do you have a link to what they have finally settled on for the Geforce version of the card ? Or are you basing this on the tessla specs ?

Mactronix
a c 176 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
a b Î Nvidia
December 14, 2009 7:22:51 AM

I wasn't that impressed, and think AMD might be dodging a bullet here. The 5870 managed to stay on top of the GTX360 for the most part, and semi near the GTX380. The 5870 only doubled the shaders of the 4870/90. GTX380 more then doubled the shader count, and by switching to DDR5 is massively increasing the memory bandwidth. I was afraid the GTX380 was going to be WAY faster then the 5870. Good to see thats not the case.

Another possible problem with Nvidia shows up however. All the benchies were ran in DX10. Do they not have DX11 working as it should yet? If DX11 doesn't work on these cards yet, they have a huge problem.
a c 169 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 14, 2009 8:43:30 AM

+1^
It doesn't talk about DX11,so maybe they are not DX 11 which isn't good.
Waiting for other benchmarks with power consumption and more games
December 14, 2009 10:38:18 AM

these numbers are impossible without miracle :D 
December 14, 2009 12:01:49 PM

:D 
December 14, 2009 1:03:03 PM

If those numbers are close, you can expect to pay out the a$$. $800, $1200 imo. 2gb ddr5 isn't cheap and can't be cheaper than any of ATI's cards since Nvidia has to pay for all the screw ups on this card already. (including the wood screw cards) If you really think it will be reasonably priced, when has Nvidia ever been reasonably priced?

Power draw is probably in the 200-250 range, so dual chip is impossible since it would draw easily over the 300W limit.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2009 1:42:04 PM

mactronix said:
How do you work that exactly ? Do you have a link to what they have finally settled on for the Geforce version of the card ? Or are you basing this on the tessla specs ?

Mactronix

Mac,

Hers the GTX360 , GTX380 Specs:

http://www.geeks3d.com/20091209/geforce-gtx-380-and-360...

And I have the 5970 xD
December 14, 2009 1:50:15 PM

I think the whole thing is fake, but I'm just guessing.
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2009 1:56:04 PM

Doubling the specs plus a lil more wont help if the core clocks arent there.
The memory BW wasnt as great a problem as one would imagine as some think on the G200, except at higher res, where we see the 295 tanking, and that too could be lack of memory management, which could be the big change in the 300 series, which would help also.
My best "guess" would be a 60% jump plus anything over 100% improvements, so possibly 70%, and thats best perf, over a 285. But again, thats a guess, better than faked
December 14, 2009 2:05:18 PM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
Doubling the specs plus a lil more wont help if the core clocks arent there.
The memory BW wasnt as great a problem as one would imagine as some think on the G200, except at higher res, where we see the 295 tanking, and that too could be lack of memory management, which could be the big change in the 300 series, which would help also.
My best "guess" would be a 60% jump plus anything over 100% improvements, so possibly 70%, and thats best perf, over a 285. But again, thats a guess, better than faked

just a question for you, how come you don't show your rig? :p 
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2009 7:44:16 PM

Here is all the truth about the GT300 performence in benchs:

We can clearly see who is the winner !
December 14, 2009 7:52:48 PM

wow these fake benchies are making their way all over the place. i dont believe it for good or bad until something more substantial than a photoshopped slide starts making its way around then i will still remain skeptical until retail hardware makes it to the review sites sometime in March.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2009 8:02:59 PM

We need some Successful_troll intputs :D 
a c 107 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 14, 2009 8:23:23 PM

All previous information points to the G300 being a massive chip, meaning it will be much more expensive to manufacture than the RV870, especially if it has that 384-bit bus. It should be faster than the RV870, but I wonder about those benchmarks and the test conditions if they really are legit, which I don't think they are. If yields are as bad as they say for nVidia though then I think AMD can actually afford to sell the 5970 cheaper than NVIDIA can afford to sell the GTX 360 :D .
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2009 8:59:27 PM

The marks are fake, check nordic HW, they asked nVidia themselves.
Fermi will be 50% larger than the 5870, and having the wider bus as well, so yes, it wont be cheap.
As to perf, its anyones guess at this point.
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2009 9:02:45 PM

Well the fact that we are seeing fake benches is a start :D 

That's usually the precursor of real benches and maybe even a release some time within the next 3 months...

But yes, these are clearly fake. There is simply no chance at all that a single gpu can beat the 5970.
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2009 9:15:41 PM

Not a 500mm^2 one. This wont happen IMHO.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2009 10:27:00 PM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
Not a 500mm^2 one. This wont happen IMHO.

It is actually ~550mm^2, unless I misunderstood your statement. Hers another info:

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16767/1/
December 14, 2009 11:02:34 PM

lerrabee just pwn both fermi and evergreed

a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2009 11:10:25 PM

Lerrabee...is that the cousin of Neverbee?
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
a c 172 Î Nvidia
December 14, 2009 11:32:44 PM

jennyh said:

No, it's a derivative of Wannabee.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2009 11:33:56 PM

jennyh said:

LOOL Best Joke I have heard this week +1 on this Good one :D 
a c 176 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
a b Î Nvidia
December 14, 2009 11:41:01 PM

Wow. I just now realized that they showed the GTX380 and GTX360 up against the 5970. Had I seen that I would have cried fake right away. (unless the GTX380 is the dual GPU part, and even then it should have been faster.)
a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2009 1:08:12 AM

Can it be LRB, or is it but a wannabe?For that we'll just have to wait n see
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
a c 172 Î Nvidia
December 15, 2009 1:17:41 AM

Several years back I said it was nevergonnabe (a graphics card).
December 15, 2009 1:22:37 AM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
Can it be LRB, or is it but a wannabe?For that we'll just have to wait n see

whatever kind of bee that is it will sting the $hit out of both fermi and evergreed .
a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2009 1:25:23 AM

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/200912141306...
The company said that so far it has shipped over 500 thousand ATI Radeon HD 5700-series graphics processing units code-named Juniper and over 300 thousand graphics chips known as Cypress that power ATI Radeon HD 5800-/5900-series graphics adapters. Thanks to partly resolved supply issues with 40nm chips, AMD’s graphics business unit seems to have high chances of shipping around a million of DirectX 11-supporting graphics processors this year.

Theyd best hurry up, or there wont be a reason for LRB to even bee
a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2009 6:46:33 AM

That's a lot of gpu's and you can only imagine how many they would have sold if not for the issues at TSMC. I'd love to know how much they were making on each too.

They are way ahead of the 4xxx series sales at this stage btw. WAY ahead. That means that a lot of Nvidia buyers have jumped ship instead of waiting.
December 15, 2009 7:04:53 AM

Are there any more in-depth statistics? I <3 numbers.
a c 130 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 15, 2009 7:16:52 AM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
The marks are fake, check nordic HW, they asked nVidia themselves.
Fermi will be 50% larger than the 5870, and having the wider bus as well, so yes, it wont be cheap.
As to perf, its anyones guess at this point.

All true but then cost never really stoped people buying the latest and greatest now did it. 8800GTX Ultra springs to mind as one such chip that sold despite being stupidly priced.
If these faked charts are anything like close then the Nvidia camp will have a very viable product to ship, regardles of (well within reason obviously) price/perf. Nvidia fans dont seem in general that bothered about price/perf the same way ATI fans seem to be. Just an observation on my part but i can remember countless discusions on the subject with ATI parts but not as many with Nvidia parts.

Mactronix
a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2009 7:21:53 AM

Fermi is going to have to be amazing to be worth a lot of money. We all know that if it turns out faster than the 5970 (which I'm 99% certain it won't), AMD will just slash the price on it.

There are other variables now too. Eyefinity might be a gimmick for some but to me it is the future of gaming and I reckon a lot of the usual top-end Nvidia buyers have fallen for that too.
December 15, 2009 7:42:00 AM

jennyh said:
Fermi is going to have to be amazing to be worth a lot of money. We all know that if it turns out faster than the 5970 (which I'm 99% certain it won't), AMD will just slash the price on it.

There are other variables now too. Eyefinity might be a gimmick for some but to me it is the future of gaming and I reckon a lot of the usual top-end Nvidia buyers have fallen for that too.

Eyefinity is a gimmick

1 the 3 monitors have to be all the same resolution which from among my friends usually if one has 2+ monitors unless they were all bought at the same time they are different rez and different sizes.

2 you need 3 monitors or more which is a pretty rare set up to begin with

3 it's a gimmick because of that like cuda, yes it has it's use but it's hardly mainstream enough to be a true selling point to every user.

4 it doesn't prove an advantage if anything it proves a disadvantage by making you use your perphials but it is an experience. It's no more a valid seeling point then nvidia 3d stereoscopic crap.

I hope the GTX380 is better then a 5970 hell i hope it crushes all previous records easily, although i know that's def not the deal atleast like crushing performance diff it would be nice to have a powerful gpu, although knowing nvidia price would be 8800ULTRA costs lol
a c 130 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 15, 2009 7:43:19 AM

jennyh said:

Well I'm basing this on the graphs in the first link just for ease here, but its my opinion that at the given performance indicated people will pay over the odds for even the 360 version as its easily faster than the 5870. Its also not a million miles off the 5970. its only my opinion based on whats gone before but as seen with the ATI products during teh DX10 shift people will still buy a product even if its not exactly competitive at the top end.
Each company seems to have a hard core of die hard fans who will buy whats there and lord it from the rooftops regardless of what it actually can and cant do.

Mactronix
December 15, 2009 7:49:04 AM

Hey i'm one of those people at least until i have a bad rma experience with Evga or BFG which are still exclusive nvidia partners. But i'm no a zelot i readily will recommend a ATI card to someone else i just not gonna bother for myself.
!