Windows 8 crashed when I play some games

Blorch

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Does anyone know how to stop Windows 8 from crashing while I play video games? It always happens and I don't know how to fix it, I think it's my laptop or Windows 8. Here are my laptop specs:

Windows 8

Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.90 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 (7.46 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

My laptop is an HP (Hewlett-Packard) ENVY m6

My e-mail is iemtheboss@hotmail.com if you would like to e-mail me some help instead of commenting.

Thank you for your time!

P.S: I can run games on high graphics and not lag, but everytime I do so every 5-15 minutes Windows 8 prompts me with an error saying: Your PC has encountered a problem! We are getting info and we will restart right after it.

Also, if you ask my for my lastest dump file, I don't know how to upload it, it's fine if you send me your e-mail because that's the only way I know how to do it.

surajdhanuki

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
i m having the same issue here...... but my system started crashing while playing games and now it started crashing here and then... i tried memtest and it showed error .... so try memtest to check is ur memory having any error or not.... or download "whocrashed" and check the detailed report about the crash...

Blorch

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Aw, I just got this laptop and it runs so games fine, but League of Legends and such, in-game to like 15-20 minutes I get the blue screen.

There was an i5 ASUS on sale for $599 on Windows 8, and my brother said it's not worth it. (off topic, the specs were nice though, I forgot what the specs were.)

geis

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

Well, I don't see how that can be the case whatsoever. Name the games you are specifically talking about and try using windows compatibility to fix the issues if they cannot run on windows 8.

Blorch

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Well, usually I want to play League of Legends, but I crash ALL the time. Some other games like Minecraft crashes when I'm in-game for a really long time. Also APB Reloaded, Blacklight: Retribution, Super Monday Night Combat, and Vindictus.

(I just listed the games I crash in)

My brother said to check systemrequirementslab.com, it said my OS had a problem because it was not supported with the game.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
I have lots of games that are not supported but they work, Ok so it happens 5 or 15 mins after well I think overheating is an issue most laptops seem to be having problem with auto cooling enabled. I am only assuming I will try a few on a PC with more power, I think u r loosing power caused from power management.

comps4life

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

I think he means power modes such as "performance" "power saver" and "balanced".

geis

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Well, all those games you listed definitely can be played on windows 8, 100% sure, as I have played them on mine. Trust me, windows 8 is still windows 7 at its core.