Sign in with
Your question

My homebuilt comp keep shuting down

Last response: in Systems
December 13, 2009 9:24:35 PM

Hi ive built this new tower for myself a few weeks back for the first few days it ran fine but suddenly it would freeze on some of my games(mainly WoW) I first thought 1 of my ram sticks was bad but ive checked all 3 and they work fine so i thought it might be heat issues so i got a pair of 120mm fans and installed them but now it keeps shutting down randomly sometimes ill get to the desktop and itll crash 5min later or 1min into boot screen it will shutdown my System log said Kernel Power in the critical so I thought it may have been the fans so i unplugged them and left the comp running all night so see if it would stay on longer it did so i decided to keep the fans unplugged but when i restarted my computer it crashed again ive checked all the hardware and they seem to be fine one of my friends said it sounded like a Driver issue has anyone heard of this?

MotherBoard: EVGA SLI LE Intel Motherboard
Graphics Card: EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260
Power Supply: Antec Earth-Watts EA750 750W
Processor: Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield Quad-Core Processor
Ram: G.SKILL(3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Operating System: Windows 7 Ulti

More about : homebuilt comp shuting

December 13, 2009 11:21:21 PM

I cannot read the whole sentence without running out of air.. there are things like "." and "," that make text more readeable...
December 13, 2009 11:34:55 PM

pat said:
I cannot read the whole sentence without running out of air.. there are things like "." and "," that make text more readeable...

Gotta agree with this.

What kind of temperatures is your graphics card running at in games? you can use HWMonitor to check
December 14, 2009 12:47:26 AM

pat said:

sry ill clean it up a bit but im beginning to think it might be the Graphics card driver since ive installed all the others except it so far ill chack the temp right now
!