Sign in with
Your question

Just want your thoughts on my new system

Last response: in Systems
December 14, 2009 12:35:01 AM

like i said in the thread title, just looking for reactions on my latest build, i dont care what u say, you can say that it is awesome :D  , you can say that it is crap :non:  , or you can just make suggestions for changes ;) 

Here it is
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
MoBo: GA-MA790XT-UD4P
Fx Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770
RAM: 4GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws
PSU: Amacrox Free Style 750Watt
Case: Aero Cool PGS VX-E Pro
HDD: Segate 500GB

Thx 4 da elp

More about : thoughts system

December 14, 2009 12:42:40 AM

I'm okay with everything EXCEPT the PSU!!! I would NOT go with an unknown PSU like Amacrox, plus it is way more than you need for your system.

I would go with a Corsair, Antec, OCZ or SeaSonic PSU of at least 550W. You don't want to skimp on your PSU and put your complete system at risk!
December 14, 2009 1:15:26 AM

tecmo34 said:
I'm okay with everything EXCEPT the PSU!!! I would NOT go with an unknown PSU like Amacrox, plus it is way more than you need for your system.

I would go with a Corsair, Antec, OCZ or SeaSonic PSU of at least 550W. You don't want to skimp on your PSU and put your complete system at risk!

ok thx i will look into that, but what if i want to crossfire the 5770 in future then ill need a larger PSU than a 550 wont i
Related resources
December 14, 2009 1:15:36 AM

tecmo34 said:

Quoting for redundancy.

The PSU is actually THE most important part of your PC. And I'll throw in PC Power & Cooling onto that list.

Actually, a 550 watt from either of those brands could run a pair of HD 5770's in CrossFire. Their low power requirements and the PSU's high efficiency ensure it will do the job.
December 15, 2009 7:09:37 AM

K thx will take yr advice ;) 
!