ladiesngentlemen

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
Needs to be:

1. Molex
2. 8-pin (both ends preferably)
3. Female (both ends preferably)
4. at least 16" long

My buddy and I have been scouring the internet and the local Fry's stores and haven't been able to find one.

Can anyone help?

what do you mean by 8 pin at both ends? There are a bunch of different 8 pin connectors. There is the 8 pin EPS connector, and the 8 pin PCI-E connector, both have different pin setups and wiring diagrams. What do you need it to connect to?

Also what do you mean by "Molex", molex is a brand that makes cables, the 4 pin connector for IDE drives was their design and is often refered to as a molex connector, but it cant be molex and 8 pin at the same time so im really confused as to what you are looking for.

Gumbercules

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
It's for the the second CPU (Intel Xeon E5520) on ladiesngentlemen's mobo (SUPERMICRO MBD-X8DAi-O)...both ends need to match the 43025 in delluser1's link.

The PSU (Antec Signature SG-850 850W) didn't arrive w/ a secondary (aforementioned) cable. However, the Antec (I know this is a brand-name, but I'm referring to the PSU here) has an available slot (matching the boards yet-to-be-filled 8-pin male power connector) to accommodate if only we could find a suitable cable.

Again: at least 12" (or longer) would be nice...
I can make it - sure - but would prefer to get lady's-man there a solid, factory-made cable if possible...

...if you know where to find one, that'd be swell...the Google is weak with me on this one...

The "matching slot" is for the modular PCIE connector, the pinout doesn't match up to 12v EPS.
Unless you know what you're doing when attempting to make a cable ( no offence, but the fact that you believe that the "slots" match doesn't instill confidence ) , you would be better off getting a 4 pin to 8 pin adapter and using the hardwired 4 pin ATX connector.

Gumbercules

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009

Please elaborate...where does it differ?

The motherboard calls for a PSU with two 12v 8-Pin secondary power connectors (in addition to a 24-Pin MPC).

There are two, unused, 8-pin modular connectors currently on the SG-850.

It is my understanding that either of these would provide ample power to the (other) secondary 8-Pin power connector on the motherboard.

To begin with the polarity is reversed between EPS and PCIE.
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

I haven't checked the psu ( Antec TPN 750, Antecs have used the same modular pinout on all of thier units except the Neo480 ) but take a look at the PCIE cable , you'll notice 3 yellow ( 12v ) wires and 1 black ( commom ) on the bottom ( side without the clip )
EPS has the 12v on the clip side of the connector.
In order to make a custom cable you would need to take a DMM and check the pinout on the psu.