Question on an ASUS gaming pc?

hey i want to get a recently released ASUS gaming pc these are the specs. The graphics card is intel so its not to appropriate for the level of graphics im trying to play. Plz recommend a graphics card....

#
Intel® Core™2 Quad
#
Processor Speed
2.5GHz
#
System Bus
1333MHz
#
Cache Memory
4MB on die Level 2
#
System Memory (RAM)
8GB
#
System Memory (RAM) Expandable To
16GB
#
Type of Memory (RAM)
DDR2
#
Hard Drive Type
SATA (7200 rpm)
#
Hard Drive Size
1TB
#
Graphics
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500
#
Video Memory
Up to 1759MB shared
12 answers Last reply
More about question asus gaming
  1. What is your power supply, monitor resolution and budget?
  2. What's the expansion slot type? PCI-E or AGP?
  3. +1 to what Viper said.

If I had to guess without knowing that information, I'd say the HD 5770 is a pretty safe bet. Not outrageously expensive, and a pretty good match for the power of your CPU.

You WILL want to check the specs of your power supply, though. A lot of pre-built systems come with a cheapo PSU, like 300W or so. Especially systems that come without a video card. If that's the case, you will need to upgrade to a bigger PSU or be severely limited in your choice of video cards.
  4. Im pretty sure the expansion slot is a PCI-E
  5. I'm certain it is. No mobo manufacturer would put that latest Intel IGP, that FSB and processor support and stick it with an AGP slot.
  6. actually i do have a spare nvidia its a 7000 series but i dont know the exact model how would that do
  7. Angrymobsters44 said:
    actually i do have a spare nvidia its a 7000 series but i dont know the exact model how would that do

Not that well. A 4870 or 5770 is going to be several steps up from it.

Also, I'm not sure what particular card you have, but a lot of the 7000 series only support DirectX 9. Maybe all of them, though I haven't looked at every single one. You'll want to have at least DirectX 10, which is the current standard.
  8. Far better than the integrated solution but not even close to maxing any modern game. Also make sure it's a PCI-e. AGP was still popular back in those days.
  9. Yeh im pretty sure my nvidia only supports DirectX9 which i should probably get a DirectX10 one. I also confirmed it is a PCI-E port.
  10. I was recommended by another forum user to get GeForce GTS 250 card. Is this compatible with the PCI slots? Is this a strongly powered card?
  11. It's a step backwards from the HD 5770 in terms of both performance and lack of DX11.
  12. Well I was talking to a guy on this forum he works at best buy. He said the galaxy series that I had a link to was not necessarily good but there is an asus model that looked fairly good along with the price.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Asus Gaming RAM Graphics Cards Memory Systems