Won't play after SP2 install

Hi all. I was playing Sims2 fine on my XP system, until I installed SP2. Now
it won't play. I uninstalled it to try a re-install, but now it won't even
install.
Any patches or ideas for this problem?
Thanks!

I solved the problem. For somew reason the install icon will not work. When
I explore the disk, and run the setup program directly from the disks, it
works fine. Got them installed and working now. Strange.