Annoying popup when copying media to portable device

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
When copying media over to my Asus Transformer, it pops up saying "Do you want to copy <FILENAME> to your device?" with options "No, skip this file" and "Yes, your file will be copied but may not be able to view or play on your device".

Does anyone know of a way to disable this extremely obnoxious popup?
Cheers

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Unfortunately as it's listed as a portable device there is very little information about the file format.
The Asus website doesn't list it either, however I would assume it's NTFS.

There doesn't appear to be any options for either the device or internal storage when checking the properties page from Windows Explorer, which sucks.

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Any size, as long as it's video/audio. Doesn't seem to do it for anything that doesn't play back.

and yep Pyree, the Transformer uses Android 3.2.1 (I believe it's up to 3.2.1). However the issue is a Windows 7 popup when transferring to a portable device. It doesn't appear to mount the internal storage as a removable drive, which is what my HTC Desire does.

Rodango

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012
Thread archeology: this is an annoyance MS unthinkingly built in to W7.
Wonder if it's in W8? It's very anti-user, and the company refuses to fix it.

This page has 3 methods to break this unwanted behavior, though they are
explained in another context. The same methods should work.

Again, it's a problem with M$ not Android, and yes, it's 2013 now but the problem is still there.

http://superuser.com/questions/402225/disable-prompt-to-convert-videos-copied-to-media-device

chazzkat

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Hey thanks bro! Been looking for an answer to this question for a while.

Raynish

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014

windows 8 has it :pfff:

Raynish

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014

shell ext nor dll work