New SSD buy

cdeez

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
Hey guys i have a asus p6t V2 motherboard with sata2(3G), my HD i have is a 300gig WD raptor drive.

This is what is first on my mind before thinking about a specific SSD

1.More reliability then anything,
2. Will use the ssd to store all apps and OS except for music,movies. I currently use around 120gigs of data on my HD.

I know intel has a good track record but i want to be upgrade proof since i may get a MB with sata3 ports in about 1/2 a year or so.
Crucial m4 is on my mind since most people say their newest ssd's have been doing well in their systems.What do you guys think.

I have corsair memory and a corsair power supply i was looking at their 240 gig force gt sdd, however im a little worried about the reliably with the chip thats inside their ssd.Can anyone give me advice.

Right now im thinking of gettng the crucial 240 gig m4 but i would like input.

Solution
I caught a minor sale on Newegg 3 weeks ago and bought a 256GB M4. I cloned my HDD to it and it has been running flawlessly. I've kept my old HDD intact just in case the M4 fails as has been reported in some of the Newegg reviews. Right now I'm a happy camper. It even came with the 0009 firmware already installed.

ARchamps

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
You are right about Crucial. They seem to have the win in terms of reliability. OCZ and the other Sandforce drives have had their fair share of troubles, although OCZ's newest firmware has seemed to fix all the issues.

Personally, I am debating the 128GB Crucial M4 and the OCZ Vertex 3 120GB. We'll see about prices come Christmas time. Right now, the M4s are kind of pricey.

cdeez

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009

Thanks for the input I will wait a little bit longer to see if their are any deals come cyber monday!!

ram1009

Distinguished
I caught a minor sale on Newegg 3 weeks ago and bought a 256GB M4. I cloned my HDD to it and it has been running flawlessly. I've kept my old HDD intact just in case the M4 fails as has been reported in some of the Newegg reviews. Right now I'm a happy camper. It even came with the 0009 firmware already installed.

Solution