Solved

Gigabyte gamer hud lite and overclocking temperature

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Overclocking
  • Gigabyte
Last response: in Overclocking
June 12, 2012 3:05:36 PM

Hello,i'm pretty new at overclocking section. my old 9500gt needs some oc ing .model:gigabyte gvn95toc1gi.can i play max payne 3 at medium graphics?for oc ing should i use the provided gamer hud lite oc ing software?again how can i alter the voltage?i don't see any option there.though the help guide shows that there's an option for that which is absent in mine.i am gonna use FURMARK stress test.is it good enough?how much time should i hold the test on?when to stop it?and at last which temperature is practically safe for cards like mine at stress test? Please help.

More about : gigabyte gamer hud lite overclocking temperature

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 13, 2012 12:48:32 PM

Have you looked into MSI Afterburner? It is a very good GPU overclocking tool. There are options in afterburner to increase your voltage as well as other nice features like defining a custom fan curve for better cooling.

Furmark is great for finding your max GPU Temp, but it depends on you to visually see artifacts or other graphical errors.

I would run Furmark for 10 minutes or so to see what your max temp with your overclock will be to see if that is acceptable. Then, run OCCT with error checking enabled for at least 20 minutes, preferably an hour. Error checking is objective and tests if your GPU is performing like it should. That is the best way to find out if your OC is stable.
m
l
June 14, 2012 8:36:19 AM

blade061188 said:
Have you looked into MSI Afterburner? It is a very good GPU overclocking tool. There are options in afterburner to increase your voltage as well as other nice features like defining a custom fan curve for better cooling.

Furmark is great for finding your max GPU Temp, but it depends on you to visually see artifacts or other graphical errors.

I would run Furmark for 10 minutes or so to see what your max temp with your overclock will be to see if that is acceptable. Then, run OCCT with error checking enabled for at least 20 minutes, preferably an hour. Error checking is objective and tests if your GPU is performing like it should. That is the best way to find out if your OC is stable.

I ran the test after ocing a little bit and ran furmark for 20 minutes and i found the temp 85 degrees.but if i rise the voltage a little bit after another overclocking is there any risk of damaging my mobo?nothing happens if damage happens to my card.i'll change it then.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 14, 2012 11:33:53 AM

85 Degrees is pretty warm. Furmark heats your card more than normal programs, so you won't see temps that high just during normal gaming. I wouldn't increase the voltage too much, since that will drive your temps higher.

Raising the voltage incrementally won't hurt the card by itself, but excessive temps will. Have you played with your fan profile at all? you can increase the fan speed to decrease your temps.
m
l
June 15, 2012 5:56:51 AM

blade061188 said:
85 Degrees is pretty warm. Furmark heats your card more than normal programs, so you won't see temps that high just during normal gaming. I wouldn't increase the voltage too much, since that will drive your temps higher.

Raising the voltage incrementally won't hurt the card by itself, but excessive temps will. Have you played with your fan profile at all? you can increase the fan speed to decrease your temps.

I have increased the fan speed.i adjusted the curves myself.but another problem.i thought i would be able to adjust my gpu voltage .but no i couldn't.in settings i ticked at the box of adjusting voltage.but it didn't work.voltage section is still unmovable.that section is fade at msi afterburner.i think it's not possible to adjust voltage in my card.isn't it?
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
June 15, 2012 7:14:13 AM

Did you try the BETA version of AB?
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 15, 2012 11:25:57 AM

Quote:
Did you try the BETA version of AB?

Yes, this is a good idea. However it is also possible that your card does not support voltage changes. It is an older card, and wasn't one of the top models at the time. It is possible they didn't include voltage changing
June 15, 2012 1:27:19 PM

Best answer selected by Static compiler.
m
l
!