AMD Overdrive huge Misreads

nna2

Distinguished
Hi, so im trying to over volt my Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 Super O/C (with the normal OC bios :( )... but msi afterburner wont lemme touch the voltages, so i though hey! i have overdrive

well... it dosent show my graphics card in the monitor, and i looked at the log, and it was claming a 50C cpu tem (when it was low 30's)

it couldnt detect half the voltages (3.3V was 0.03)

is this normal for Overdrive?

nna2

Distinguished
gpu-tweak dosent allow for over volting in my case (or at all perhaps?) but does work

well... i've noticed another problem, msi afterburner isnt noticing any change i make in the CFG, not the unlocked voltage or the unofficial overclocking

your ccc is uptodate I assume?
Amd vision control centre (as its now apparently named)
click on the performance tab then overdrive, its give the stats and sliders page, I have to scroll down to get the power slider, but it is there,
remember to set and apply it for each card if you have multiple gfx cards
Moto

nna2

Distinguished
it only works with the super overclock cards, and i have the overclock versions bios, and even when i used it, the over voltage wouldnt work

but i sent in a ticket to gigabyte (primarily coz im looking into a waterblock) so hopefully i may get a bios outta them, but i highly doubt it

nna2

Distinguished
gah, well it seems this card hates BIOS adjustments, safe mode it is

and the techpowerup VGA bios collection has the normal and OC bioses, and gigabyte only has em listed for the overclock edition

well, time for atiflash and the o/c bios i guess

nna2

Distinguished
its alright, linux mint is working good so im installing wine now... atleast i can work around it that way without working DOS

also, i remember when i was trying different bios images, i found that they would work until i installed the display driver, found that a little weird