Sign in with
Your question

How does one go about overclocking?

Last response: in Overclocking
June 12, 2012 10:05:22 PM

Hi, I am very new to computer builds and such.
I am looking at overclocking my new build to 4.0Ghz

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
I5 2500K
H60

I have heard great things about the ocing ability of the 2500K and was wondering how hard it is to get it to 4ghz with the Corsair H60 with relatively low, stable temps. and How do I do it?

More about : overclocking

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 12, 2012 10:06:23 PM

go into the bios, and change the cpu multiplier and VCore, its not very hard.. just be patient, and turn LLC on
June 12, 2012 10:08:26 PM

Ok, the only term I know from that is Bios, and I get into that b hitting 'delete' while booting up right?
Related resources
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 12, 2012 10:46:27 PM

Read the Sb overclocking guide at the top of the section, it will help you get your 4GHz, and any terms you don't understand, google it, fsb and multiplier are basic terms to us, but mean nothing to you yet :-)
Moto
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 13, 2012 7:11:30 AM

Upgrading from the stock heatsink and fan is more or less assumed when overclocking yes, your H60 should be fine with two fans on it,
casefans depend, find out how good your fans are first, some manufacturers use great fans, some use cheap crap, google the label on the fan to Id it, then look for the Cfm rating, higher numbers are better for shifting air, but too high and it costs you in noise.
but improving the airflow will help everything in your case, the important thing is to have a good cool supply of air in the room, you won't get good Cpu temps if your room is 45'c :) 
Moto
a c 80 à CPUs
a c 205 K Overclocking
June 13, 2012 10:06:05 AM

jjesco5 said:
Hi, I am very new to computer builds and such.
I am looking at overclocking my new build to 4.0Ghz

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
I5 2500K
H60

I have heard great things about the ocing ability of the 2500K and was wondering how hard it is to get it to 4ghz with the Corsair H60 with relatively low, stable temps. and How do I do it?

Ok, the only term I know from that is Bios, and I get into that b hitting 'delete' while booting up right?

From where you are now you have a lot to learn regarding overclocking, for now be satisfied where you are, until you learn how to go further, by studying the overclocking guides available here and across the net, Google.

With the cooling you are running even up to 4.5ghz should easily be doable for you, but you must learn what you are doing first!

The questions you should be asking are regarding the BIOS terminology you do not understand in the guides, you may be able to Google a guide specifically for your motherboard, that would help you tremendously.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to learn first, and then do! Ryan
!