Last response: in Components
February 23, 2010 2:12:42 AM
February 23, 2010 2:23:30 AM

sorry for all my misspell
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 23, 2010 2:33:28 AM

Impossible to say considering the OEM computer does not tell us the brand or any more details on the power supply it currently has in it. Most OEMs will cheap out on the power supply so it is likely not reliable or good quality anyway. The main power draw is the 5770. Generally a good 680W PSU should be enough but I don't trust OEM power supplies so I would upgrade anyway. A good corsair, OCZ or antec earthwatts 600W PSU should be more than enough.

On a separate topic, the additional ram will provide no performance gain in today's gaming and certainly not in other activities. It would be a waste of money. If you are gaming you would be better off spending the extra $115 on graphics.

Edit: If you don't like your spelling you can edit it by hitting the edit button at the bottom right of your post.
m
l
Related resources
a c 248 ) Power supply
February 23, 2010 2:34:38 AM

No. You should be okay with just one 5770 video card.

Here are the ATI recommended power supply requirements for the ATI Radeon HD 5770 and 5750 video cards:

450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended

600 Watt or greater power supply with two 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

The recommendations are for an entire pc system..
m
l
a c 248 ) Power supply
February 23, 2010 2:39:18 AM

enzo - ibuypower is one of those custom built pc sites. They use mostly Corsair, Thermaltake, and one Coolermaster psu.

help1 - Did you call or contact TigerDirect and ask about the components like I suggested in your other thread?
m
l
February 23, 2010 10:13:01 AM

JohnnyLucky said:
enzo - ibuypower is one of those custom built pc sites. They use mostly Corsair, Thermaltake, and one Coolermaster psu.

help1 - Did you call or contact TigerDirect and ask about the components like I suggested in your other thread?

not yet
m
l
!