Best way to re-load codecs after a new build/os install??

ajsellaroli

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
Hey, so I just finished my build, wiped the hd, and then installed the new os, Win 7 64b.

Then, I installed all my software, which included Adobe Cs4 Master collection. I did not download any codecs or anything. When I outputted my video to youtube like I used to (using h.264), it didn't look nearly as good. I remember downloading the k-lite mega pack and all that sorta stuff when i still had xp, but Idon't remember how to do any of that anymore, or what settings to use once I do download it.

Any advice?

ajsellaroli

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
Everything is going wacky, NOTHING IS WORKING

I'm so frusturated, and confused.

I want to use ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER and I want to encode 1280x720 videos in the best possible quality FOR YOUTUBE.

What do I need!!!??????? Do I need the Mainconcept mpeg pro program which costs lots of money? IF I ONLY NEED KLITE WHAT SETTINGS DO I USE? FF???

I'VE BEEN RESEARCHING THIS FOR HOURS AND CAN'T FIND ANYTHING. I'VE INSTALLED AND UNINSTALLED VARIOUS THINGS ON MY SYSTEM AND CAN'T FIND ANYTHING. I've messed my system up - now I can't even play the x264 videos that I downloaded from tpb anymore - I used to be able to!!!

WTF IS GOING ON!!! I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP PEOPLE!

ajsellaroli

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
omg NOW, when I encode videos with media encoder with h.264 THEY DON'T OPEN

When I click on them to open them, MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC Opens to the right looking size, but there is only black. Fast forward, black still. IT WONT EVEN PLAY!!!

THIS GOES FOR OLD VIDEOS THAT I ENCODED (THAT WORKED, EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE BLURRY) NOW THE BLURRY ONES DON'T EVEN PLAY!!!

WHAT HAVE I DONE?

bgd73

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
no, not all codecs are equal, intentions are, but results are never equal.

I wanted the REAL intel h.264 to work for years now, most I got out of it was a corel mediastudio x2 encoding it, and not even close to good.

Avivo from the vid card is amazing, that even takes the mpeg2 to h.264 in a hurry...

the free codecs never worked for me correctly, as if not low level enough. I never recommend them.

I did challenge the free x264 with extra settings, for a really clean vid,to the point of 170 degree cpu ... a long time for just a 5 minute video...and when I got a good vid, I popped a hole in the vid card...PHYSICALLY POPPED A HOLE IN THE VID CARD!!!!

ECC ram may have stopped this, but any excuse sucks really.

and that is another thing... if you are serious, things get "a head of steam", so they say, when encoding, errors will go built right in. Be your machine a workstation. It may be a surprise to what encodings change...registered , paid for versions, it is thier business to do better.