scoughlin893

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Hi,

I have a monitor that blinks on and off every few seconds. The graphics is intergrated into the motherboard and I have the latest drivers for it. The motherboard is brand new(only got it a few weeks ago).

Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Scott

snaej

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011

Scott,

Did you have any luck solving this issue? I'm having the same problem with an non-integrated graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 8400 gs 512 MB).

I'm running two Samsung 22" monitors. One through the VGA output of the graphics card and the other through the DVI-i output of the graphics card.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.

I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers version 266.58.

The issue appears to be worse when video is played

Thanks,
Chris

scoughlin893

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009

I have been able to solve this issue by getting a new non-integrated graphics card (the integrated one had little memory). This seemed to solve the problem.
You could try and turn down the refresh rate of your graphics. (eg. from 70Hz to 60Hz)

Hope this helps,
Scott

snaej

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
Thanks Scott,

It appears that my video card has only 256 MB of video ram. The system seems to be using system memory to allocate up to 1GB of video memory.

It is Non-integrated, but that doesn't seem to really help.

There doesn't seem to be much for control of the refresh rate, it is currently 60 Hz on both monitors.

My sense is that two monitors is just too much for this card. A new one may be the right path to solving this issue. There is no issue when no video is playing.

One thing that is a little strange is that the monitor on the DVI port is the only one that "blinks".

Thanks for your input!
Chris