Sign in with
Your question

RPC Server is Unavailable XP

Last response: in Windows XP
June 27, 2012 1:25:01 PM

Dear sir,
Good evening!
After doing formatting i faced below problem for installing HP DESKJET D 1500 Printer and getting msg - CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE - RPC SERVER IS UNAVAILABLE.
I am using desktop computer with confg - P4 WINDOWS XP
PL help me.

More about : rpc server unavailable

June 27, 2012 1:50:51 PM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Print Spooler Service can't start without Remote Procedure Callso go into Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services and scroll to RPC (not RPC Locator) and double click it. In the middle of the form, change it to Automatic and then click Apply, click Start, Apply again and OK your way out.

m
l
November 27, 2012 12:50:58 PM

Saga Lout said:

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Print Spooler Service can't start without Remote Procedure Callso go into Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services and scroll to RPC (not RPC Locator) and double click it. In the middle of the form, change it to Automatic and then click Apply, click Start, Apply again and OK your way out.

Hi, I am having the same issue. I already checked the services.msc and enabled Automatic and started the services. I rebooted, and still the same thing. I have an HP psc2175xi all in one on a HP Pavillion w/ XP home SP3. I've used the software that comes with the printer to uninstall and tried to reinstall and still receive error that RPC server is unavailable. Need help, please.
Thanks in advance,
Pat
m
l
January 6, 2013 11:50:37 PM

When I got the RPC server is unavailable message. All of those suggestions worked like a charm, thank you. First I entered
services.msc in the run (Start)
highlighted Remote Procedure Calls
highlighted Print spooler and start
plug in printer
turn on printer

Thanks for saving me some ca$h!

Lezley
Palm Springs, CA
m
l
!