I am seeking a motherboard WITH THE FOLLOWING.

Xrated

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Hallo everybody.I am seeking for a motherboard(ddr3)for x4 955 with the following:usb3 sata 3,a good sound card like SupremeFX X-Fi and the ability for a little newbie overclocking. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131644R&cm_re=asus_crosshair_iv-_-13-131-644R-_-Product Something like this,but in my country this one is too expensive so suggest similar ones.If someone got the time i would appreciate some ram suggestion for the mobo he suggest s as well.
~~~Mini question: Do i have to have VERY expensive and high end speakers to take advantage of the mobo's sound card or normal are ok? Thanks in advance.

Xrated

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

Seems nice but its out of my budget.Something similar with less money?If I ask too much and I have to sacrifice something let it be the sound card,but I dont want something terrible;/.Thanks for your answer.

ares1214

Splendid
well, that one is GX, which means it has integrated video and audio, but isnt as good at overclocking or having multiple video cards. its not really meant for a person getting a dedicated video card.

Xrated

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

I forgot telling that i dont care for crossfire or sli,also I dont care for the video card it has on,but I care for a little overclocking(nothing extreme newbie stuff).Is there a solution in the middle? What do you mean by dedicated video card?You mean a good one.I am gonna have 5850 or 5870 if thats what you mean.(sorry but my english isnt that good)

ares1214

Splendid
no, its very good actually. and by dedicated, i mean a card, like a 5870, and the 890gx has integrated, so 4290. if you dont want xfire, then the middle ground would definitely be the 870 chipset, like these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130275

with that, the mobo automatically overclocks the cpu to the highest setting where it is still VERY stable, so you will get a decently high, very stable oc. or you can do it yourself.

Xrated

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

So gx=more complete audio and video parts but less in the rest ,and fx=no vga on(i dont think this helps anyways)but more high-end for overclocking?
So any good 890fx?
~is there a big difference between 880 and 890?

ares1214

Splendid
heres the basic run down of the chipsets:

870: basic board, usually only 1 video card slot, or 2, but the second one works at a forth the speed (complicated stuff). no onboard video, decent overclocking capabilities, decent parts.

880g: onboard video chipset. integrated graphics are the 4250. 1 video card slot usually. ok oc'ing capabilitiy, decent parts.

890gx: onboard video chipset, the 4290. 1-2 video card slots for the most part, and is capable of almost full speed xfire. decent-good oc ability, decent to good parts.

890fx: no onboard video. most can run 2-4 cards at full speed. best parts, best quality craftmanship, best oc ability, but also most expensive.

now, what i was talking about with the video card slot thing, video card slots, or pci 2.0 slots run at either x16, x8, x4, and x1. those are the multipliers. most 870 and 880g that do have 2 slots, can only run it at x16 and x4, so you lose quite a bit of performance. 890gx can run them at x8 x8, which only loses a small amount of performance, like 5%. 890fx can run them at x16 x16 and more if they have more slots, so they are the best for xfire.

Xrated

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

Really,stunning answer and thx a lot.Couldnt be more complete.Its 890gx or 890fx for me.In Greece the cheapest 890fx with usb3 is the crosshair formula IV and it costs more than 200E.Do you have to suggest anything 890fx cheaper than the asus and I think i will order it.

Xrated

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

Build but other prices are the same here in Greece.And mobos arent that bad but they havent bring all 890fx yet.