Windows 7 Installation Issue

mr_yousefi

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
A little background,
I've built my own desktop and am not afraid of getting into it and breaking it. Have been around computers for a long time and like to mess around with them to make them work better. I'm new to SSDs as it is the first time I've ever had one.

My problem,
I'm having issues with my newly purchased Corsair Force GT 120GB SSDs and have been reading on forums to see anything that can help me. As a result I've found a few articles and tried following the suggestions to no avail.

I use an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo (SATA II, Marvell 86xx controller, Intel Storage Matrix). Current ports are SATA 1: SSD, SATA 2: SSD, SATA 3: WD Velociraptor 300GB, SATA 4: Lite-On DVD/CD

I've tried installing windows in the following configurations with no success. Same error every time.

Config 1: RAID0 with 2 SSDs
Config 2: AHCI non-raid on SATA 1: SSD
Config 3: IDE non-raid on SATA 1: SSD
Config 4: AHCI non-raid on SATA 2: SSD

Error: Windows cannot copy files required for installation. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570

after every error and reboot,
Config 1: SATA 2: SSD undetected until shutting down and unplugging the drive and plugging it back in.
Config 2: SATA 1: SSD undetected until shutting down and unplugging the drive and plugging it back in.
Config 3: SATA 1: SSD undetected until shutting down and unplugging the drive and plugging it back in.
Config 4: SATA 2: SSD undetected until shutting down and unplugging the drive and plugging it back in.

Exception: Installing on Config 2, Windows successfully rebooted after expanding files and got to the final phase of installation. After 95 Minutes in that phase I powered down the machine and windows was not installed successfully.

I've also had lost SSDs/BSoD while using the drives in windows for copying files/ Running games. (boot from SATA 3: WD in IDE mode)
I've upgraded FW on SSDs using Corsair upgrade tool (downloaded from Corsair)

I'm trying to install Windows on the SSD and boot from SSD. I would like to have drives in RAID 0 (Less Volumes + small increase in speed) but standalone drives work just as well for me.

P.S. Windows installation is from OEM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 DVD and works fine installing on WD H.D.D.

Thanks,

PC summary,
Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Core i7-920 OC 3.2Ghz
6GB Corsair XMS3 (3x2 GB) OC 1604Mhz
Geforce GTX 295 Stock
Corsair 750w PSU

Hurthan

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
In your PC summary you state your system is overclocked. Try installing with only 1 SSD installed in AHCI mode (WD etc not attacked to SATA port) and your system running standard clocks.