Building New Gaming Rig: up to $1000

MartinMyst

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within next week or two.
BUDGET RANGE: Up to $1000.
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (Mostly online)(World of Warcraft & Modern Warfare 2), Movies,Internet ,Homework
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Evga Gtx 260 216core SSC 896Mb edition 55nm PCI-E, 500g WD Caviar Black Sata/32Mb cache hard drive, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, Monitor, Operating System (Windows 7 64 Bit)
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Memory express would be preferred, so that i could go and get the parts locally.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada, Calgary
OVERCLOCKING: Maybe
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Not right away but would like to have capability to go either SLI or Crossfire in the future.
MONITOR RESOLUTION: Currently 1440x900 but might get a bigger monitor
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Already have windows and all programs, I want a large well cooled case, I want to have the capability with the motherboard to possibly change from Nvidia to an ATI card and have possibility to go SLI or Crossfire (only dual cards max capability). I would also prefer a build With the i7 processor (I think unless u guys feel otherwise) and at least 4Gb of Gaming Ram.

I am not really sure about the other parts; like the motherboard or anything because I've never built a system, and im busy with finals right now so i dont have time to research this before Christmas, so if u guys could give me a Parts list for this Complete Comp Build i would greatly Appreciate it =]

G

MartinMyst

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Thanks for your input,
I was wondering why the 860 over the 920? is one better then the other.
And also I would like the capability of being able to change from Nvidia to ATI with both SLI and Crossfire Capabilities
Does anyone else have a better parts list? Thanks =]

G

the 860 and 920 are very close in performance and the i7 sounds overkill for your uses, and the p55 boards have both crossfire and nvidia capabilities