  • Installer
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 28, 2005 2:38:37 PM

Hi all

previously I could double click on a package file on this computer and it
would install but now when I try to double click on a package file the sims2
content installer says that I need to double click on a package file to
install the content.
I don't understand why it would ssay this now after being able to install
before.
This problem sends me into an endless loop where I cannot install anything.
Do I need to reinstall some sim2 content installer file?
if so, where do I find it?
thank you

Chey

More about : sims installer problem

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 8:48:06 AM

"Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> previously I could double click on a package file on this computer and it
> would install but now when I try to double click on a package file the
> sims2 content installer says that I need to double click on a package file
> to install the content.
> I don't understand why it would ssay this now after being able to install
> before.
> This problem sends me into an endless loop where I cannot install
> anything.
> Do I need to reinstall some sim2 content installer file?
> if so, where do I find it?
> thank you
>
> Chey
Hi Chey:
If the item says .package then all you have to do is put the items into the
following folder:
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

If the item says .sims2pack then just double click the item and it will
install itself!
I had the same problem till I figured
out the difference.
Hope this helps