Sims Installer problem

Hi all

previously I could double click on a package file on this computer and it
would install but now when I try to double click on a package file the sims2
content installer says that I need to double click on a package file to
install the content.
I don't understand why it would ssay this now after being able to install
before.
This problem sends me into an endless loop where I cannot install anything.
Do I need to reinstall some sim2 content installer file?
if so, where do I find it?
thank you

Chey
2 answers Last reply
More about sims installer problem

    "Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > previously I could double click on a package file on this computer and it
    > would install but now when I try to double click on a package file the
    > sims2 content installer says that I need to double click on a package file
    > to install the content.
    > I don't understand why it would ssay this now after being able to install
    > before.
    > This problem sends me into an endless loop where I cannot install
    > anything.
    > Do I need to reinstall some sim2 content installer file?
    > if so, where do I find it?
    > thank you
    >
    > Chey
    Hi Chey:
    If the item says .package then all you have to do is put the items into the
    following folder:
    My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

    If the item says .sims2pack then just double click the item and it will
    install itself!
    I had the same problem till I figured
    out the difference.
    Hope this helps
    Barb

    ahhh :)
    ok thank you so very much
    :)!!!

    Chey

    "Barbara Buckley" <BBuckley58@verizon.net> wrote in message

    > "Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> previously I could double click on a package file on this computer and it
    >> would install but now when I try to double click on a package file the
    >> sims2 content installer says that I need to double click on a package
    >> file to install the content.
    >> I don't understand why it would ssay this now after being able to install
    >> before.
    >> This problem sends me into an endless loop where I cannot install
    >> anything.
    >> Do I need to reinstall some sim2 content installer file?
    >> if so, where do I find it?
    >> thank you
    >>
    >> Chey
    > Hi Chey:
    > If the item says .package then all you have to do is put the items into
    > the following folder:
    > My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
    >
    > If the item says .sims2pack then just double click the item and it will
    > install itself!
    > I had the same problem till I figured
    > out the difference.
    > Hope this helps