Sign in with
Your question

Computer Crashing with new hardware

Last response: in Windows XP
June 28, 2012 3:23:15 AM

Posted awhile back re: video card crapping out (integrated) but had an extra PC1e slot. Rec'd an ATI Mobility RADEON 9000 which seemed to solve the problem. Now the system is constantly crashing and rebooting every 5 to 10 minutes. Is this a compatability problem? Or is their a just a simple tweak?
June 28, 2012 4:02:37 AM

I am now using an ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000
m
l
June 28, 2012 4:05:24 AM

The card worked great for two days, now major crashes, blue screen etc. This is not a reply, I am just adding detail.
m
l
Related resources
June 28, 2012 5:36:47 AM

It could be a motherboard problem if the integrated graphics fell over and you''re having PCIe slot trouble as well. You say it's a spare slot - what's in the other(s) and do they work well?

Have a look in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer at the System and Application logs to see what happens last before the shutdowns. It could be useful information.

m
l
July 19, 2012 11:59:34 AM

Saga Lout said:

It could be a motherboard problem if the integrated graphics fell over and you''re having PCIe slot trouble as well. You say it's a spare slot - what's in the other(s) and do they work well?

Have a look in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer at the System and Application logs to see what happens last before the shutdowns. It could be useful information.

Upon further investigation regarding my problem, have found 3 blown caps on my motherboard. Looking for motherboard, also found that 1 of my 4 gig ram was toast and PS is failing. Once I am fully functional again will get back to you. Thanks for your help.
m
l
August 6, 2012 1:47:11 AM

Upon further investigation regarding my problem, have found 3 blown caps on my motherboard. Looking for motherboard, also found that 1 of my 4 gig ram was toast and PS is failing. Once I am fully functional again will get back to you. Thanks for your help.

New motherboard and graphics card works great, thanks for everybody and their input.
m
l
August 6, 2012 6:50:12 PM

It's good to read that you got it sorted. :D 

m
l
!