Computer Crashing with new hardware

63Bearz

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Posted awhile back re: video card crapping out (integrated) but had an extra PC1e slot. Rec'd an ATI Mobility RADEON 9000 which seemed to solve the problem. Now the system is constantly crashing and rebooting every 5 to 10 minutes. Is this a compatability problem? Or is their a just a simple tweak?

It could be a motherboard problem if the integrated graphics fell over and you''re having PCIe slot trouble as well. You say it's a spare slot - what's in the other(s) and do they work well?

Have a look in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer at the System and Application logs to see what happens last before the shutdowns. It could be useful information.

63Bearz

Honorable
May 18, 2012

Upon further investigation regarding my problem, have found 3 blown caps on my motherboard. Looking for motherboard, also found that 1 of my 4 gig ram was toast and PS is failing. Once I am fully functional again will get back to you. Thanks for your help.

63Bearz

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Upon further investigation regarding my problem, have found 3 blown caps on my motherboard. Looking for motherboard, also found that 1 of my 4 gig ram was toast and PS is failing. Once I am fully functional again will get back to you. Thanks for your help.

New motherboard and graphics card works great, thanks for everybody and their input.