Sign in with
Your question

Ati 4800 resolution black out

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 15, 2009 1:56:14 AM

Last night my screen suddenly black out after a series of unstable flickering.

My config are as follow:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.3Ghz
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
ATI Radeon 4870

The system has been running for over a year, and this is not the first time that the screen black out, but it will always recover within a few second. However this time it does not recover.

I have gone through to safe mode and start windows with lower resolution to CLEAN re-install the newest driver but the problem still exist.

As I have a wide screen 24" monitor, It will run normally with "wrong" resolution (not porportion to the screen size) however everytime i tune the resolution to the right proportion (i.e. 1920 x 1200, or even 1280 x 800) it will black out... It runs normally at 1920 x 1080 tho.

I have tried speed down the graphic card memory from 900mhz to 855mhz but it does not help.

Please could anyone help me with this!
Thanks.
Simon
a c 362 U Graphics card
December 15, 2009 2:35:25 AM

Can you borrow a video card to test if the problem is your video card or your monitor?

Conversely, can you install your video card in a friend's PC to see if your video card is bad?
m
l
December 22, 2009 9:55:48 PM

i dont have access to another graphics card / PC... any other option to try out before resolving to this option?

I am sure the graphic card is fine coz its working properly in all other resolution except the mentioned ones...

all the experts here please help!
m
l
!