Floppy to Molex (IDE) adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

z06psi

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
My new video card has two inputs for a Molex connector but I only have 1 available and one on the CD-ROM. Can I convert the floppy connector into a Molex ready for the CD-ROM. I have seen the adaptors that convert Molex into floppy but not the other way around. Thanks

Solution
you can get an adapter that turns the one into two. Quick question what kind of video card you running make sure your power supply can handle the extra load my guess its a pretty weak power supply if thats all the connectors it has.
you can get an adapter that turns the one into two. Quick question what kind of video card you running make sure your power supply can handle the extra load my guess its a pretty weak power supply if thats all the connectors it has.

Solution

z06psi

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
It is a OEM Gateway 350W PSU and the card is a EVGA 9800 GT 1024Mb edition. If the power supply has issues I have a 550 on standby. The connector for the 9800 GT has two Molex into one 4 pin connector to supply the extra power. I will power it with one of the Molex and see how that goes.

MRFS

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
check your rails!

just because a PSU is rated at 550 Watts,
does NOT mean that each rail can deliver
that amount of DC power

there should be a UL plate mounted on
the housings of your PSUs: that plate
should display the amperage maximums
for each of 3 primary voltages:
3.3, 5.0 and 12.0