Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8Z68-V LE help w/ overclocking

Last response: in Overclocking
June 14, 2012 9:13:59 PM

So I bought a 3570k and an asus p8z68. Bios flash, all that fun stuff but Im having a problem with overclocking. The only way it allows me to overclock is through my bclk. This is my first build but it is a K processor idefinitely. Can anyone help me if you need me to answer questions throw them my way. From what Im seeing in the bios there shouldnt be any problems, I had my CPU at 42x100 but Im clueless any input would be nice. I got it to 3.53 ghz at 34x104 but I just dont feel safe using the BCLK. Even the OC Tuner is useless.

MOBO:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CPU Cooler:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a c 137 V Motherboard
a c 110 K Overclocking
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 14, 2012 9:37:48 PM

Hmm. I have the same board, just with a 2500K and BIOS Rev. 0805, and I can change the multi's just fine (45x currently, but I don't use the Turbo multi's though).

I don't quite understand what you meant by "I had my CPU at 42x100", though. Did it just not stay there? What was the problem?

My gripe with this board's BIOS is the inability to set a manual Vcore. I kinda like offsets in a way because it allows voltage to drop down at idle, but I would still like the ability to use a manual Vcore if I wanted to.
m
l
June 14, 2012 9:49:37 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Hmm. I have the same board, just with a 2500K and BIOS Rev. 0805, and I can change the multi's just fine (45x currently, but I don't use the Turbo multi's though).

I don't quite understand what you meant by "I had my CPU at 42x100", though. Did it just not stay there? What was the problem?

My gripe with this board's BIOS is the inability to set a manual Vcore. I kinda like offsets in a way because it allows voltage to drop down at idle, but I would still like the ability to use a manual Vcore if I wanted to.

The ratio was 42x100 but it was still loading up at 3.4ghz, basically the only way I can overclock for some reason is through the bclk.
m
l
July 25, 2012 7:52:31 PM

I'm having the same issue with my P8ZZ7-V. I can get it up 20 or 30 mhz, but nothing more than that...
m
l
!