Would like to 'hide' Total Size and Free Space

Is there a way to hide the Total Size and Free Space
columns in Windows Explorer? Specifically, I'd like to
prevent my users from seeing the Network Drive numbers to
keep them from the false idea that they have tons of
storage space.

Open Windows Explorer | Right click the header in the right hand pane |
Click More | Check or UNCheck whatever | Move Up or Move Down |

How to Change Column Settings in Windows Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310297

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:41ed01c49f69$d832b200$a401280a@phx.gbl,
Sandy Wood <sandy.wood@nospam.com> hunted and pecked:
> Is there a way to hide the Total Size and Free Space
> columns in Windows Explorer? Specifically, I'd like to
> prevent my users from seeing the Network Drive numbers to
> keep them from the false idea that they have tons of
> storage space.

Thanks for the info - one more question, how can I do
this domain-wide? I haven't found a Group Policy setting
that can accomplish this or any registry-specific
settings.

us;310297

>--
>Hope this helps. Let us know.
>Wes
>
>In news:41ed01c49f69$d832b200$a401280a@phx.gbl,
>Sandy Wood <sandy.wood@nospam.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Is there a way to hide the Total Size and Free Space
>> columns in Windows Explorer? Specifically, I'd like to
>> prevent my users from seeing the Network Drive numbers
>> keep them from the false idea that they have tons of
>> storage space.
>.

Sandy,

I looked through Group Policy and couldn't find anything.

I'm sure that there are registry settings, but I don't know what they are.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:499801c49ff0$11738f90$a401280a@phx.gbl,
Sandy Wood <sandy.wood@nospam.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks for the info - one more question, how can I do
> this domain-wide? I haven't found a Group Policy setting
> that can accomplish this or any registry-specific
> settings.

TRENDING THREADS