Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Cable
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
February 24, 2010 12:00:09 AM

I am looking for a PSU to pair with my Antec P180 case. From what I have read, you need to find particularly long cables on the PSU in order to nicely hide all the cables. In fact, you can wrap the cables along the backside of the motherboard tray and this is what I would like to do.

So, my question is - do you guys know of any PSU that is known for particularly long cables? I would prefer it to be under $100. I am not particularly set in it having to be crossfire ready, but that would be a great plus. It does need to be atleast 550w as I will be using a 5850 GPU eventually.

Thanks for your help guys!

More about : psu p180 case

February 24, 2010 2:40:00 AM

Awesome, that Antec 650W is exactly what I had in my newegg shopping cart. But are you sure It will reach. My main concern is the 4pin ATX cord, on my mobo it is on the very top left and I have read that for some it wont reach in the p180. So I have an extender for 2.99 in my cart. Do you think it will be necessary?

m
l
February 24, 2010 2:17:47 PM

I have built several Antec P180 (and P182) cases with Antec PSUs and Asus motherboards.

The 4-pin is 'just' long enough, everthing else fits pretty nicely. I feed everything behind the motherboard for a really clean build and good airflow.
m
l
!