What's Happening to my system

bill_10_54

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
Below is a image of what happens when I turn on my media center pc. This system was just built using the following components and has worked flawlessly until this morining. Our media center stays on all the time until the recording is completed and no other activity is present then it is to go to standby until needed. I've shut down the system and restarted but get the same thing. During boot I get just one beep stating to me that all is okay. Appently this is not true by the display below.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

1.Intel DH57DD LGA 1156 Intel H57 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard.

2. Intel Core i5-650 Clarkdale 3.2GHz LGA 1156 73 watt Dual-Core Processor.

3. Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Dual Channel Memory.

4. PNY GeForce 8400 GS DDR2 512MB PCI 2.0 video card.

the following link will let you view the problem.

http://www.bnccrafts.com/mymediapc/mymediapc.html

bill_10_54

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
May have solved my own problem. It appears that my display had a hitch in its get along. Unplugging the display and powering it back up seems to have solved the problem.

Blckhaze

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
Great!

I was about to say that definantly looks like a graphics issue (since the monitor is plugged into the graphics output, that confirms that)

Also, which you probably already know... Never unplug or plug-in a monitor while the PC has a charge. I used to gently unplug and replug my monitor on the computer all the time (for reasons...) a few years ago and one day it killed the graphics card!

bill_10_54

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
Never did unplug the monitor (Panasonic Plasma TV). Since my monitor is about 10 years old now and it still works perfectly with the one exception, it's a power hog. Drawing 660 watts at full power and 283 watts in standby mode and pushing the power button on the front puts it in some other standby mode and draws 108 watts. After putting it in the first standby mode we press the power button to enter into the secondary standby when we go to bed as to save some juice. Will be replacing it soon with a more efficient one.
So why I got the display problem still not sure. I guess if it was the processor or chipset I would have had some other warning beeps from the bios you'd think.