First time trying RAID 0 on P6T Deluxe V2

Tags:
  • New Build
  • NAS / RAID
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 15, 2009 8:21:20 PM

Hi everyone,

I've never configured a RAID before and I'm trying to figure out exactly what I have to do. I have three drives in my system, 2 640GB drives and 1 1TB drive. I want to put the 2 640s into a RAID0 and install Windows 7 on them.

How exactly do I do this? In the BIOS I can set my HDDs to "RAID" but past that I'm unsure what I need to do to make sure I configure it right. When I go into the Win7 setup after that it displays all three drives, is that right? Or should the motherboard make them appear as one drive? Or do I setup the RAID0 after installing Win7 and doing it through the OS (I don't think this is it? :lol: )

Sorry for being such a newbie, if anyone can better explain for me please do.

And thanks!

More about : time raid p6t deluxe

Best solution

December 15, 2009 9:08:52 PM

No, after setting the controller to RAID you have to use the MB RAID tool to actually link up the two drives you want in RAID and choose the mode. The exact procedure varies from board to board (or not, I'm not sure) but the MB Manual normally walks you through step by step. If the manual isn't handy, you can download one specific to your board from Asus's website.
December 15, 2009 9:18:28 PM

EXT64 said:
No, after setting the controller to RAID you have to use the MB RAID tool to actually link up the two drives you want in RAID and choose the mode. The exact procedure varies from board to board (or not, I'm not sure) but the MB Manual normally walks you through step by step. If the manual isn't handy, you can download one specific to your board from Asus's website.

Thanks! I figured it out because of that. To access the tool to do the RAID I had to hit a specific key combo to go into the raid config menu.
m
l
December 15, 2009 11:32:10 PM

Glad you got it figured out. I didn't want to go into too much detail since the procedure I am familiar with is for Gigabyte, and things like key combinations etc. might be different.
m
l
!