No display with 5970?

overclocker

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Hi, I bought a Gigabyte Ati HD 5970 yesterday to replace my Gts250. First, I entered windows and unstalled all Nvidia drivers. Then, I turned off the computer and changed cards. However, when i switched on the computer, nothing came on on the monitor. I am using Asus Rampage 2 extreme MB and the LED poster did check the hardwares as usual.

I don't think is my PSU's problem as it is a Corsair 910w supplier. Then, I removed the 5970 and switched to the 250 and it worked again. I swear that the cables are tightly secured when I am using the 5970.

I looked at some forums already and some suggest to remove all graphic card and use the intergrated graphics of the MB, but it seems that the Asus Rampage 2 extreme dont have intergrated graphics....

Can anyone please help me??

Thanks

Yeah, that is way more than enough power. And since the rest of the system works (with the GTS250) I think you may have a bad card (there seem to be a decent number of them right now). What I'd suggest is putting the card back in and hooking it back up carefully and trying it one more time, perhaps after updating the Motherboard BIOS if you don't have the newest, if that doesn't work, RMA, as you have pretty solid evidence of a defective card.