Sign in with
Your question

Can someone help fix my misaligned monitor display?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 15, 2009 4:14:59 PM

ATI Radeon 4870 vid card, Windows Vista, monitor native res: 1680 x 1050 (1 monitor)

All of a sudden my display is misaligned about 100-200 pixels to the right, cutting off any content on the far right when set to its native resolution. Can anyone figure out how to fix this to display correctly at the native res?

It seemed to happen after repeated crashes of my new Left 4 Dead 2 game. The crash would freeze the game, not the pc. The error did mention something to do with the video card each time, though I'm sorry I don't remember the message. Not sure if it was the cause, but again, that's when I noticed it. Set the monitor to ANY OTHER resolution and the display is PROPERLY aligned to the left, further confounding me.

Things I've already attempted:
- I've tried to adjust the horizontal alignment on my monitor, but it will only adjust up to 50 px.

- I've tested the monitor on another pc - this error does not happen on the other machine, so it's not the monitor.

- i've uninstalled and reinstalled my vid card drivers. error returns. Error is there even though the drivers are uninstalled.

Ideas? Thanks for checking it out!
a b C Monitor
December 15, 2009 5:00:28 PM

Have you tried hitting the "auto adjust" button on your monitor? there should be either a button, or even a menu option on the monitor itself that will do an auto refresh/adjust cycle. The other thing I might try is switching to the other DVI port on the video card - not sure it'll do anything, but worth a try.
m
l
December 15, 2009 5:22:40 PM

Position Reset worked! I can't believe I scrolled right by it before when trying to adjust the monitor. Thank you very much!
m
l
a b C Monitor
December 15, 2009 5:24:36 PM

No prob.
m
l
!