I just put together a new system with the following specs:

Intel i7 930 Processor
EVGA 758 LE SLI Board
OCZ 6GB Tri Channel 1600 Gold Memory - OCZ3G1600LV6GK
2x BFG GTX-275 GPU's in SLI
******* H50 CPU cooler
Cooler Master 750w GX Power Supply
Cooler Master HAF 942 X

I have tried everything in these forums in order to get 1600mhz but I cant. The only stable operation I have had was 1333 at 7-7-7-24 and the rest on auto. I've tried 8-8-8-24-88, 2T, 1T, 1.65v...and I think everything in between. But since this is my first home built computer I might be missing something. If someone could please give me some help that would be great!

Here are pictures of the bios, maybe someone can see something I am not. I haven't even tried to overclock my CPU. I just want everything running the way its supposed to for now. Thanks in advance for some help.

More about : ram running correctly

July 2, 2010 10:26:51 PM

Sorry I can't help more, but did you compare these settings to the ones recommended in the mobo manual?

On the 3rd screen shot, it shows timing memory at 1600, doesn't it?
July 2, 2010 10:39:42 PM

There is not a recommended one in the mobo manual. I thought having everything on auto would make it work. I guess not.

Yeah in e-leet in windows it shows 1600mhz but in prime 95 I keep getting errors.
Related resources
a b } Memory
July 3, 2010 2:24:25 AM

Don't want to offend you but OZC ram is gaining a reputation as the ram not to buy if you want to run it at advertised speeds.
I built a pc 6 months ago and another 3 months ago and was expressly told not to buy OZC ram by a friend and head tech at a large high-end pc store.
For the reason in my first sentence.
July 3, 2010 2:27:20 AM

Yeah thats what I've been reading on the web lately. It's a bummer because I cut the upc code off the back for a mail in rebate so I can't return it. I guess I can try and sell it on craigslist and buy another set of memory. What would be a good brand? Corsair?
July 5, 2010 6:04:40 PM

GR8! I just upgraded to 3x2GB OCZ Gold 1600. I thought they were CAS7, but they are CAS9. I replaced 3x1GB Crucial XMS 1600, which I sold...

My next memory will be what THG Recommended Buy: Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1333, it's in all 3 SBM last month!
July 5, 2010 6:09:51 PM

I returned my OCZ sticks and bought Corsair Dominators. All I had to do was adjust the latencies and they work perfect! They are operating at 1600mhz and their proper latencies. I get a 7.8 on my windows index score. So glad I was able to return them. @foscooter can you still return your ocz ones?
a b } Memory
July 6, 2010 12:10:24 AM

darthgator14 said:
I returned my OCZ sticks and bought Corsair Dominators. All I had to do was adjust the latencies and they work perfect! They are operating at 1600mhz and their proper latencies. I get a 7.8 on my windows index score. So glad I was able to return them. @foscooter can you still return your ocz ones?

Nice! i use Dominators on my main rig as the old adage goes you get what you pay for!
Good to hear your system is fine now!
!