Closed

XFX 5770 Freezes

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Team-Fortress-2
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 15, 2009 8:01:36 PM

I'm trying to play Team Fortress 2 on my Windows 7 64 bit PC and it keeps freezing right once the game starts or before I can even get into a server. There have been times where I've been able to play for about 10 or 15 minutes before I get off but normally I can't even get into a server. I've read some people say it's overheating and some say drivers issue. What is it? Is there any solutions? I heard there are new drivers coming out tomorrow(Wednesday). Does anyone know if that is true? Thanks.

Here is my build:

More about : xfx 5770 freezes

December 16, 2009 12:08:10 AM

All I can tell you is that it's being caused by the core frequency dropping during 2d mode. Some people have built a profile in ccc to keep the frequency from dropping too low, for me I have an asus 5770 running dual monitors, the frequency stays up while using dual monitors so I don't have a problem except for when I unplug one of the monitors.
There doesn't seem to be alot of information on this but it seems to be isolated to windows 7 64 bit users.
Score
December 16, 2009 12:29:08 AM

Can this be fixed in a driver update? How do you make the cusom profile?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

December 16, 2009 1:41:33 AM

I would think it's a driver issue, but I'm no expert. to be honest I haven't had much time to work on the issue other than research, but I would like to add, I've had no issues at all running dual monitors for 3 days, but about an hour ago I tried to overclock the core and memory using the asus tool, I bumped the core up to 865 and memory from 4800 to 5000 and it imediatly gave the driver error, i set the clocks back to default but i got the driver error again, I rebooted and have been running normally for an hour.
December 16, 2009 2:57:14 AM

How do you go about changing the profile? Did someone post a thread on how to do this?
Score
February 1, 2010 6:21:17 PM

im having same problem just bought this new xfx 5770 card to upgrade from 9800gt but even with the higher fps it takes a while when switching from high intense applications to not such as when i alt tab out of mw2 i try to go back in and it takes like 2 mins my old card would do this in 5 secs. and in sony vegas i cannot switch between editing and playing the video without waiting for it to load which never used to happen.
Score
February 1, 2010 6:28:31 PM

gallo224 said:
im having same problem just bought this new xfx 5770 card to upgrade from 9800gt but even with the higher fps it takes a while when switching from high intense applications to not such as when i alt tab out of mw2 i try to go back in and it takes like 2 mins my old card would do this in 5 secs. and in sony vegas i cannot switch between editing and playing the video without waiting for it to load which never used to happen.

You would be better served if you start your own thread, in the meantime have a read.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ATI-Grey-Screen-Fix-5870,9549.html
Score
!