Got my RMA mobo, stll problems

sanders4617

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Ok. I got my mobo RMAd after the PC wouldnt run at all.. no fans.. nothing

So they sent me a new one.. and I hooked it all up.. and now all the fans will run but I get no beeps and no video display. Also, my cd drive doesn't come on or light up. (Not sure about the HD.. cant tell)

I changed power supplys and the same thing happens.

Biostar suggested that its probably a CPU issue because if there are no beeps .. he says thats usually a mobo/cpu issue.

My question is why isn't the CD drive working? Could have a power surge knocked out the CPU, Mobo, CD drive.. and potentially the harddrive? The videocard still spins up fine.. as do all the fans I hook up to it.

Looks like I might have to RMA the CPU now.. and I willjust buy a new CD drive if I have to.

sanders4617

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
AMD Phenom 2 X4 940 3.0GHZ
Biostar Ta790gx 128m mobo
4gb of ram
radeon 4770 graphics card (have tried it with and without this)
640gb hd

I will check that list out this evening when I get home from work. Thanks. Hope I can get it running again. First build that ive had trouble with.. frustrating. Worked fine for months.. no problems whatsoever.

sanders4617

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Antec EA550 (or 600) and some other kind.. The powersupply worked perfect for months before.. I don't think its the power supplies. They are both over 500 watts. I am just trying to run bare minimum right now and can't get the video to work.. I also am not sure if the harddrive or dvd drive is working. I use to hear a loud spin up (the hdd i believe) when i would first turn on the computer.. now it doesn't do it anymore.

I am gonna try to test the HDD and DVDdrive on my other computer when I put the powersupply back in it. If it works in that computer.. that will help me.

II read the guide.. and I might have gotten a little compound on the pins and the socket (when taking off the fan /cpu).. but I tried and cleaned up all that I could find.

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
This might sounds simple, but if it's not posting are you sure everything is seated correctly? I would check the RAM first. Maybe even pull them all out and try just one at a time.

sanders4617

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Yeah I tried taking them out and putting in.. all different ways. :( This sucks. I feel like its the CPU... Biostar told me if there are NO beeps.. then its a mobo/cpu issue.

If I just had another cpu to test.. err.

sanders4617

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Ok. I put my HDD in another pc and it doesn't work.. so most likely, whatever killed the mobo also killed the hdd, dvd drive.. hopefully not the gfx card (which the fan spun up on it).. and who knows abotu the ram as well.

Once I get this back going.. I'll be buying a very good surge protector..

TRENDING THREADS