Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

My power supply blew up. Can't find tech-support Nomber!!!!

Last response: in Components
Share
February 24, 2010 11:15:45 AM

I have a P.S.U. made by a company that i believe is called "A-Power". I have heard of A-Power before but i can't seem to find a web site or ANY information regarding this company. Any how....

It came in an aqua-blueish-green box and it had the words "A Power Vista" written on it. (It also had the specs for the P.S.U. on it) Can anybody please tell me how to contact the manufacturer. Number, Site, or even a location would be better than nothing. THANK YOU!!!!

P.S. If you didn't read any of the above. My P.S.U. blew up, It's made by "A-Power", Need tech-support number or web site?

P.P.S. I hate reading long post's so you prolly do to. But please take the time to HELP ME!
a b ) Power supply
February 24, 2010 11:55:53 AM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

What exaactly model do you have?
a c 248 ) Power supply
February 25, 2010 1:09:41 AM

There should be a data label on the psu with more information. Please check the label.

A-Power has an entire line of power supplies.

I found a little bit of info:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_pc?ie=UTF8&search-ali...

I checked several references and a database. I came up blank.
Related resources
a c 144 ) Power supply
February 25, 2010 3:27:12 AM

If you cannot find contact information on the box, it's a sign that they really, really don't want to hear from you.

And if I made or marketed a line of generic, POS power supplies, I wouldn't want to hear from customers either.

$17 for a 550 watt PSU is absurd. Spend the money and buy a decent power supply.
a b ) Power supply
February 25, 2010 3:34:49 AM

Man... Dont bother calling up the company. Save the phone bills and the hassles, and get a Corsair. What's your system config for that matter.
February 25, 2010 11:11:33 AM

So far " JohnnyLucky' has the best answer.... But i have already been to that exact same site hoping to find an answer. This is SO shifty!!!! How can this company not even have a web site. It's been a long time since I've been ripped off (Like more than a decade) but now i remember how much it Sucks!!!!

P.S. I'm so mad that if i had the money i would have the C.E.O. of "A-Power" raped.

P.P.S. Dose anybody know how much money it takes to have somebody raped & murdered? (Not necessarily in that order)
February 25, 2010 11:24:07 AM

Oh and for the guy who asked for my system configurations; it's just a mid-level gaming P.C. Well maybe it's more like a Lower-Middle-Class gaming rig. Anyhow here goes....

Mother-Board: Asus P5VD2-X

CPU: Pentium 4 EM64T (Slightly O.C.'d, Socket 775 edition)

RAM: 4-gig's DDR2 (Don't remember what brand. I'll have to look Later)

HDD: 4 different drives ranging from 20gb's to 500gb's

VPU: ATI Radeon HD 4890
February 25, 2010 11:33:00 AM

saint19 said:
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

What exaactly model do you have?



It doesn't seem to have any model number. *grunts in frustration upon the realization of the fact that i am prolly screwed*

Best solution

a c 248 ) Power supply
February 25, 2010 12:25:35 PM
Share

Might have a lead:

http://www.a-power.com/home.php

http://www.a-power.com/help.php?section=customer_servic...

http://www.a-power.com/product-6131-342-1

http://www.a-power.com/product-2008-342-1

http://www.a-power.com/product-2006-342-1

NOTE - AP is usually short for Athena Power and may not have anything to do with A-Power.

NOTE - geeks.com is th only vendor that appears to selling A-Power power supplies. Could be discontinued or out of business.



Here's another one:

http://www.apower.com.tw/profile.htm

Does not appear to be a power supply manufacturer.
February 25, 2010 2:09:41 PM

JohnnyLucky said:
Might have a lead:

http://www.a-power.com/home.php

http://www.a-power.com/help.php?section=customer_servic...

http://www.a-power.com/product-6131-342-1

http://www.a-power.com/product-2008-342-1

http://www.a-power.com/product-2006-342-1

NOTE - AP is usually short for Athena Power and may not have anything to do with A-Power.

NOTE - geeks.com is th only vendor that appears to selling A-Power power supplies. Could be discontinued or out of business.



Here's another one:

http://www.apower.com.tw/profile.htm

Does not appear to be a power supply manufacturer.



Superb work man... Unfortunately i cannot call any of these numbers because i can't afford to call Canada and be on hold for 40 hours. But i did e-mail the SHYT out of these moose humpin' tom green sound-alikes. And if they don't tell me some crap i wanna here i'm gonna actually sue there asses. My freakin' power supply LITERALLY BLEW UP!!! and i'm furious!!
February 26, 2010 2:06:24 AM

haha you get what you pay for, bro.
February 26, 2010 10:37:29 AM

thatlaoguy said:
haha you get what you pay for, bro.


That's the thing... I gave some cash to a friend so that he could buy it online. (Because i don't have a credit card) I told him to get a decent 600w power supply and i said "Dan, Here's 100 bucks. Get me a P.S.U. that's at least 500w but try to find one that's 600w" He found a power supply for 80 bucks that had all the connections that i needed and he went for it. If only he had chosen a better brand. *silently seething in rage in front of my P.C.* :pfff: 
a c 243 ) Power supply
February 26, 2010 11:30:06 AM

UltraNerdyHackerGuy said:
That's the thing... I gave some cash to a friend so that he could buy it online. (Because i don't have a credit card) I told him to get a decent 600w power supply and i said "Dan, Here's 100 bucks. Get me a P.S.U. that's at least 500w but try to find one that's 600w" He found a power supply for 80 bucks that had all the connections that i needed and he went for it. If only he had chosen a better brand. *silently seething in rage in front of my P.C.* :pfff: 

The most expensive psu on the Amazon page johnny linked to is a 900 watt $60 unit, for $80 I would think that you should have gotten an 1100 - 1200 watt unit or maybe four 600 watt units.
March 4, 2010 8:28:58 AM

apower sells the a-power psu on their site-500watts for $29.....that alone should have been a red flag, and the 15 day warranty would have me running away hard. i hate companys that try to sell one junk like that..but i quess there is a market for it, and then guys get ticked off like you..
!