Sign in with
Your question

Corsair force 3 slow speeds

Last response: in Storage
November 23, 2011 7:20:20 PM

Hey everyone, I just got a force 3 120 gb ssd with sata 3 interface and installed windows fresh onto the drive. I'm getting strange speeds in ATTO...around 320 mB/s read speed MAX, and about 230 mB/s write speed max. I'm plugged into a 6 gb/s sata port. I havn't updated the firmware either. so what is the problem?? thanks in advance :) 
November 25, 2011 2:54:09 AM

kon141 said:
Hey everyone, I just got a force 3 120 gb ssd with sata 3 interface and installed windows fresh onto the drive. I'm getting strange speeds in ATTO...around 320 mB/s read speed MAX, and about 230 mB/s write speed max. I'm plugged into a 6 gb/s sata port. I havn't updated the firmware either. so what is the problem?? thanks in advance :) 

First off , Just for giggles check and make sure your SATA cable is SATA III rated and not SATA II rated
m
l
a b G Storage
November 28, 2011 4:56:11 AM

sounds about right if you're running that SSD off the Marvell controller. Will need to run it off the Intel 6G ports to see full capability though.
m
l
November 28, 2011 5:38:32 PM

groberts101 said:
sounds about right if you're running that SSD off the Marvell controller. Will need to run it off the Intel 6G ports to see full capability though.

Good point, those speeds look EXACTLY like the older Marvell SATA 3/6Gb speeds.
m
l
!