Unable to adjust refresh rate on dell laptop

The refresh rate is stuck at 60 hz on my del xps m1530 with graphics card nvidia geforce 8600m gt (vista 86), no matter what screen resolution is suggested. I work many hours and have a real problem with eyestrain on this laptop and would like to bump this upward, is there any way?
7 answers Last reply
More about unable adjust refresh rate dell laptop
  1. Laptops only have a refresh rate of 60hz.
  2. Yes, i agree, monitor on laptop aren't designed to have an ability to change it's current refresh rate...
    Anyone have another idea?
  3. wa1 said:
    Yes, i agree, monitor on laptop aren't designed to have an ability to change it's current refresh rate...
    Anyone have another idea?

No need for other ideas you and I have answered correctly.
  4. Actually..if you have a HDMI or VGA out on your laptop, you can always invest in a good LCD monitor. That way you can have less eye strain and crank up your refresh rate. Just research the models that have a good refresh.
  5. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116402

The 22" ViewSonic linked above has 120hz for $250.00. Has a VGA & DVI connection. If you have HDMI out you can still use a DVI to HDMI adapter or just use a VGA if it has that. I think the HDMI/DVI option should provide a better picture, but don't hold me to that.
  6. Thank you everyone for the responses, very helpful.
  7. Sorry for bumping this rather old thread, but I have the same problem, and the solution given isn't very clear to me. I recently bought a Samsung DEL HDTV and tried hooking up my laptop to watch movies, but the frame rate remains at 60hz on the TV, very sloppy during action scenes.

I used a HDMI cable to connect both devices, and even when I try to configure the video card, it wont give me the option for 12hz.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops Graphics Product