sullione

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Hello, I came here a while ago for this problem but as of yet its not resolved. One day upon starting my
home built computer it would not POST, only gave beeps (one long and two short). I've tried replacing memory and video card but no change. Today I've just tried removing components until the beeping stopped. The last thing removed was the CPU (AMD X2 939). My question is, is it normal for the beeps to stop since I removed the processor or can I assume the processor was causing the beeps and therefore my problem of non booting? Please provide any insight. I've searched the boards and others to no avail.

If you weren't overclocking the cpu and the heatsink was secure, I'd try a different power supply or motherboard. Check your local craigslist. 939 boards are rare, but I saw one locally the other day for $15 new; it was made by ecs; not the best, but I used several over the years without any special problems.

sullione

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006

I researched the codes and it came up as bad memory; which I replaced and it didn't solve the problem. I'm leaning towards a bad mobo. Thanks for the reply.