Sign in with
Your question

Problem with my CPU?!?!!?!?

Last response: in CPUs
February 24, 2010 4:42:00 PM

my computer wont boot up and the beep code seems to tell me its a CPU problem. Does that definitely mean my CPU is broken but it doesnt make sense that my CPU could break down at a time like this in winter. I mean the probability it is overheated in winter time doesnt make any sense. So should I replace my CPU or is there any way i could do something about this CPU???

More about : problem cpu

February 24, 2010 6:52:03 PM

What kind of processor is it? What is your computer's manufactuer and the computer's model number?

And a PC can still overheat in the winter. Its not like you keep your house at 32 degrees F do you? I had mine up around 55 Celcius a day ago working on a massive realtime rendering project.
February 24, 2010 7:24:29 PM

Surely your home is heated, if so then overheating is still possible, unless you leave your PC out in the snow.

Often if the CPu has had it you get no beeps at all (depends on motherboard though).
Related resources
February 24, 2010 7:50:47 PM

Are you sure the beeps are cpu?
The only two halfway standard beep codes are :
a) beep - pause - beep - pause beep - pause loops which mean memory initialisation failed. Possibly no memory present, memory overclocked, memory broken or memory power insufficient.
b) beep - beep - beep - pause - beep - beep - beep - pause loops which mean graphics initialisation failed. Possibly no vga adapter available, or adapter broken..

Apart from that there are custom codes for different oems and motherboards. Check your manual.

Also a long high pitch noise means your nvidia graphics card doesn't get the needed power over pcie or molex aux power plugs. Check if plugs are properly inserted.

Error checking:
1) Try removing your memory modules - if the system doesn't beep #a sequence at you your motherboard doesn't react to powerup at all. Because an overclock failed, powersupply, motherboard or cpu failed. Most likely overclocking or PSU. On older Socket A boards most likely motherboard failed as the voltage caps dehydrate more rapidly than other systems.

2) Try removing system power and unplugging the bios battery. Leave it like that for an hour and try powering on (don't have to insert the battery again, but won't hurt).
February 24, 2010 11:40:46 PM

I not 100% sure it is the CPU but i search through the internet, and see that the beep code of mine matches the beep code for error in the CPU. My BIOS is phoenix-Award. The beep code is a long high pitched beep( last about 3 seconds) and then it repeats continuously.

neiroatopelcc said:
Are you sure the beeps are cpu?
The only two halfway standard beep codes are :
a) beep - pause - beep - pause beep - pause loops which mean memory initialisation failed. Possibly no memory present, memory overclocked, memory broken or memory power insufficient.
b) beep - beep - beep - pause - beep - beep - beep - pause loops which mean graphics initialisation failed. Possibly no vga adapter available, or adapter broken..

Apart from that there are custom codes for different oems and motherboards. Check your manual.

Also a long high pitch noise means your nvidia graphics card doesn't get the needed power over pcie or molex aux power plugs. Check if plugs are properly inserted.

Error checking:
1) Try removing your memory modules - if the system doesn't beep #a sequence at you your motherboard doesn't react to powerup at all. Because an overclock failed, powersupply, motherboard or cpu failed. Most likely overclocking or PSU. On older Socket A boards most likely motherboard failed as the voltage caps dehydrate more rapidly than other systems.

2) Try removing system power and unplugging the bios battery. Leave it like that for an hour and try powering on (don't have to insert the battery again, but won't hurt).

a b à CPUs
February 25, 2010 12:02:18 AM

Heat isnt the only thing that kills CPUs
!