Wheres the problem

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Most likely a motherboard problem. Try :
1) Booting from a linux live cd and shutdown - if it still resets it isn't a windows problem.
2) Try resetting your bios to default settings (save current profile first if bios supports profiles ; F11 for gigabyte boards). If it works, good. Change few things at a time till it doesn't. Start with power management settings or advanced cpu settings if i7 (s4-s6 states)
3) If it doesn't work, try unplugging your power switch from the motherboards front panel. Boot the mashine by shorting the two pins with a screwdriver. Unlikely to solve it, but I've seen it happen with a custom chassis.
4) Try disabling power management options like S3
5) Try flashing the newest bios if you don't have it. If you have newest, try the bios the system came with or another older one.
6) If all else fails try plugging in another harddrive and do a clean windows install on it (you just need a windows disc, you don't have to activate it. Win 7rc still works for a week at least).
7) Try with another psu. If it's still wrong you likely can't fix it without a new motherboard.

bkool1n1

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010

thank you, i will do that