bkool1n1

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010

thanks for your reply,
everytime i press start then shutdown, it will restart, so i have to turn off my power switch soon once my monitor blackout.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
If :
a) Your computer doesn't shut off if you hold down your power button for 6 seconds it might not be connected, or the power supply may be broken.
b) If you can shut down the computer using the power button like a but windows doesn't want to shut down it can be a problem with some software you're running. Try in failsafe - if it can from there, try msconfig and disable everything that starts up - enable a few at a time till it doesn't allow shutdown anymore.
c) If you can shut down by using the power button but not the start menu shutdown try with start - run - shutdown -s -t 0 ; should that work it can be some software problem with software (xp most likely)
d) If Windows Vista/Windows 7 make sure default power action is shutdown and not some sleep state or use the arrow to the right and choose shut down.
e) If something else is wrong you might want to write more than 5 words ..

bkool1n1

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010

it actually shut off by pressing the power button for 6 sec, i did it a few times, now i cant boot up my windows, theirs a message that says some windows file were corrupted.